- Disable: totally ignore this spell.
- Aura Type: select the type of aura and how Inline Aura should search it.
- Regular buff or debuff: the spell acts as regular buff or debuff. If it is an harmful spell, Inline Aura searches it on enemies. If it is an helpful spell, it searches it on friends — or yourself, depending on self cast modifier and auto self cast settings.
- Self buff or debuff: this spell always acts on yourself. Inline Aura only searches it on yourself.
- Pet buff or debuff: this spell always acts on your pet. Inline Aura only searches it on your pet.
- Special: display a special condition, see “Special settings” below.
- Highlight effect: how Inline Aura should highlight when the spell has been found ?
- None: no special highlight
- Colored border: display a colored border on the action button.
- Glowing animation: use the shiny glowing animation — the same one used by the stock UI.
Buff and debuff settings
- Only show mine: ignore auras from other players. This overrides the global setting unless you leave the gray check mark.
- No countdown: do not display the countdown. This overrides the global setting unless you leave the gray check mark.
- No application count: do not display the number of stacks. This overrides the global setting unless you leave the gray check mark.
- Aliases: the name of additional spell(s) to search. This could be buffs as well as debuffs, independently of the spell type (helpful/harmful).
- Value to Display: the available values depends on your class:
- Combo Points (druid and rogue), highlight at 5 combo points.
- Holy Power (paladin), highlight at 3 Holy Powers.
- Soul Shards (warlock).
- Solar/Lunar Energy (balance druid); only show in the right direction.