Have you ever charged into a boss fight, only to discover you're an idiot and forgot something crucial?
This mod checks your character and gear before boss pulls to make sure nothing is wrong, and yells at you in various humorous ways if you're being an idiot. It goes into considerable depth and checks many things not checked by traditional raid-buffing addons.
You might be an idiot if you've ever gone into a boss fight...
- With a broken weapon
- Wearing a fishing pole, chef's hat, or teleport item
- With a dead pet
- Without an enchant or gem on that new item
- Missing talent points or glyphs
- Wearing items for the wrong spec
- With glyphs for the wrong spec
- With a flask for the wrong spec
- Without your class self-buffs
- Much, much more...
All checks can be individually enabled/disabled and configured. By default it checks your gear when you first target a boss or receive a ready check. The addon itself is very lightweight and fast, and never runs during combat.
IdiotCheck can also automatically scan inspection targets and group members for most failures. Note that checking via inspection/scanning is slightly less thorough than self-checks, due to limitations in the Blizzard inspection API. This feature is provided as a convenience, but for the most accurate results all raiders should install the addon (which also helps ensure costly failures are discovered outside of raid time!).
Installation and Usage:
- Install as usual
- Left-click the icon to run a self-check manually
- Middle-click the icon to scan your current group members within inspection range
- Right-click the icon on the minimap or LDB for settings (defaults are good for most purposes)
- Command-line options are also available via: /ic
<Fables> on US-Antonidas, for ideas, testing, and demonstrating all the ways to be an idiot
Silver Letomi for media assistance
All sounds files are copyright their respective authors and used by permission.
Gunnery Sgt. R. Lee Ermey http://www.rleeermey.com/
Silver Letomi http://www.purevolume.com/Letomi
Warning about content:
This addon is essentially a drill instructor for your raid play. It works by yelling at you when you screw up, so that other players don't have to. This addon includes occasional use of strong language, which is not intended for children or other people who are easily offended. Do not submit complaints, we're not going to change it for you. If you are easily offended do not download this addon. Better yet, quit wow and go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure.