PitBull4 is a continuation of PitBull.
Differences from PitBull 3:
- It's mostly done, but not entirely done thus why there are still only betas (despite this it is still very stable).
- Documentation is written before functions
- Much easier for third-party extensions.
- Options will be much, much simpler. In 3.0, there's about 200 panels that you can mess with, it's overwhelming. I want to bring this down to somewhere around 10.
- Layouts are defined deterministically and unit groups use the layout rather than ad-hoc layouts on a per-unit basis. This will make setting up your unit frames far, far easier.
- Due to some decisions made, 4.0 is actually more configurable than 3.0. As a layout designer, you will have a lot more control over how things look. You can have different fonts on the same frame, different textures, more precise positioning, and a whole slough of other things.
- CPU Efficiency will be taken much more seriously.
- It uses Ace3 instead of Rock.
If you want to help localize PitBull in your language, go to http://www.wowace.com/projects/pitbul.../localization/.
Forum thread: http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=15552...
- Date created
- Aug 01, 2008
- Last update
- May 19, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- PitBull Unit Frames 4.0
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files