LibTourist is a library that provides information about zones, instances, transports and more.
For zones, instances, complexes (like Caverns of Time), arenas and battlegrounds, LibTourist can provide level range, faction, location and connections with other zones, as well as instance group sizes, instance entrance portal coordinates, battle pet level ranges and required fishing skills, if applicable.
Color-coding for level ranges and zone names is available.
Relationships between zones can be provided, i.e. which instances are located in a specific complex, and in which zone resides the complex, vice versa.
The library contains information about all known cross-zone transports: zeppelins, boats, portals etcetera. It can also be used for distance calculations between coordinates.
An extensive API allows the addon developer to query LibTourist in many ways.
LibTourist supports localization.
A few notes about the fishing skills in LibTourist:
- All fishing skills are now set to the skill required to fish 100% junk-free. If your skill, including the effect of lures and other enhancements, is below that, you will catch a certain percentage of junk, which can be up to 100%.
- These values are valid for open water, because fishing pools requires skill 1 since WoW patch 3.3.0, regardless of the zone they're in.
- If multiple values apply for a zone, generally the lowest is used. For example, for Northern Stranglethorn a higher skill is required to fish the South Seas (300) compared to other waters (150), so it's value in LibTourist is set to 150.
- Zones that have a fishing skill of 1, allow fishing in lava or acid only. Don't expect to catch anything useful here, except for an incidental Elemental Fire from lava.
- Zones without a fishing skill should contain no fishable water.
- Date created
- Jul 20, 2008
- Last update
- Sep 11, 2013
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files
- Embedded library