Supported WoW Classic Versions
Changed in v11302.0
- Classic rare list is vastly more complete now
- Giving this a sensible version label to tell it apart from retail WoW
Changed in v4.0.18c
- Classic-compatible version released. Somewhat incomplete set of rares, because a lot of the higher level zones had poor data available on wowhead at the moment.
Changed in v4.0.17
- Added questids for most Mechagon and Nazjatar rares
- Added some missing Nazjatar rares
- If we don't know questids, treat a vignette as the source as equivalent to an incomplete quest. This should help with future no-quest-known-yet situations over-alerting
- Properly suppress mobs that were flagged as hidden from mouseover and targeting alerts
Changed in v4.0.16
- Updated for 8.2
- Added Mechagon and Nazjatar rares (questids to come)
- Added I Thought You Said They'd Be Rare and Rest In Pistons achievements
- Rearrange some mobs that were added in later expansions (Cataclysm and Mists) into the categories for the expansion whose zone they're in, because that makes more sense
- Ignored mobs are no longer shown in the broker plugin
- Other missing questids added
Changed in v4.0.15
- Config wasn't opening because localization for some zone names was broken
Changed in v4.0.14
- HandyNotes integration properly ignores rares you can't interact with because of your faction
- Range-extended vignettes: shrink the clickable size a bit so you can click through them more easily
- 8.1.5 compatibility fixes
- Various mob fixups from NLZ
- Other missing questids
Changed in v4.0.13
- Extend the range of vignettes on your minimap, so we don't keep on alerting for things without giving you any clue as to where they are.
- Questids added for (almost) all the BfA Adventurer mobs
Changed in v4.0.12
- Adventurer achievements for BfA, to track whether you've killed those mobs already
- Bad mapids: Isle of Thunder, Deepholm
Changed in v4.0.11
- Bug in a few areas where vignettes exist but don't provide information
- More Timeless Isle questids
- Bad map ids in Frostfire Ridge
- Update embedded version of LibStub-2.0 to fix an error with chat channels
Changed in v4.0.10
- Broker tooltip sorts mobs alphabetically
- Add questid tracking to (most) Timeless Isle mobs
- Various bad map ids: Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Krasarang Wilds, Ghostlands, Underbelly, Westlands, Blackrock Mountain
- TomTom integration via HandyNotes was broken
Changed in v4.0.9
- Vignettes with different names from their associated mob should now be detected on non-English locales.
- Elwynn Forest rares were in the wrong zone
Changed in v4.0.8
- You Won't Believe This One Simple Trick To Increase Vignette Detection Range!
- Also, fix for lua error in combat related to vignette positions
Changed in v4.0.7
- ...stupid typo in the TOC broke everything.
Changed in v4.0.6
- Some map function related issues in BfA.
Changed in v4.0.5
- Updated for Battle for Azeroth
- New option: ignore all mobs in a given module. (E.g. "please shut up about every single Legion rare".)
- Filled in lots of completion data for the Legion Adventurer achievements
- Added the Commander of Argus achievement
- Adjust colors in the dropdown and handynotes: red for not-complete, yellow for partially-complete (quest / achievement), green for fully complete
Changed in v4.0.3
- Updated for 7.3
- Argus mobs
- Some new backend support for hiding junk rares (i.e. the Treasure Goblins, and some class-specific ones)
Changed in v4.0.2
- TOC for 7.2
- Questids for various world bosses
Changed in v4.0.1
- New feature: automatic hiding of the popup after you've not interacted with it for a while (default: 30 seconds)
- Added text input to the ignore options, so you don't have to find the mob in its expansion
- Improved the text input for ignore/custom, so you can enter "target", "mouseover", the mob's id, the mob's name (if we know about it)
- Properly faction-classify all remaining faction-specific rares
- Lots more Legion rare questids
- Cleaned up a lot of tight clusters of the same mob on the map
- Added some fallbacks for mob-names so it's less likely you'll see "Unknown"
- The wrong Gorok had been included for ages, in Warlords. Sorry, Horde garrison havers.
- Fixed some of the database migration code
Changed in v4.0.0
- Major rewrite to remove the "import data" paradigm
- Known mobs are now in per-expansion datasets, which you can disable entirely
- Various skins for the click-target popup (mostly based on the various loot toasts, admittedly)
- Show on popup whether the mob is dead, and try to pick this up during combat via combat-log events
- Rearranged the options a lot
- Marker will now respect other announcement settings
Changed in v3.2.9
- TOC for 7.1
- More Legion vignettes and questids
Changed in v3.2.8
- CreateTitleRegion was removed by Blizzard, requiring some minor rewriting
- More Legion vignettes and questids
Changed in v3.2.7
- Option to not alert on rare mobs we've already killed, if we know the achievement / questid for them
- Option to not alert for rare mobs which are no longer flagged as rare
- More Legion vignettes and questids
- Flag some faction-only Legion mobs
Changed in v3.2.6
- Fix irrelevant map icons appearing while inside caves / other subzones
- Be more likely to record some information about distant mobs
- Made the minimap icon options more obvious
- Fill in a lot of Legion rare questids
- Rewrote the dataminer, to be less likely to lose old information
Changed in v3.2.5
- Remove debugging vignette sound, which was accidentally left in from Legion update
Changed in v3.2.4
- Screen flashing alert works again
Changed in v3.2.3
- Update for Legion
- New setting to control how verbose the macro is
- Don't trust a vignette for mob saving purposes unless we already know lots about it
- Click target sometimes said a mob's name was "0"
- Bounce the WoW icon in the dock, if possible, depending on your OS (okay, it's MacOS)
Changed in v3.2.2
- Add keybinds for running a scan
- Re-add the Mysterious Camel Figurine locations, which had left us for a bit
- Use HereBeDragons-1.0 instead of Astrolabe for map calculations
Changed in v3.2.1
- Avoid triggering if map treasure POIs have the same name as a rare
- Allow filtering out of Draenor zones
- Don't record the names given for mobs in achievements, since they're sometimes not correct
Changed in v3.2.0
- Updated for for 6.2
- Ran dataminer
- Scan world map for POIs, too (Tanaan bosses)
- Fix TomTom name display issue
- Add the Hellbane achievement
- Tooltips: show whether quest flag for a mob is known and completed
Changed in v3.1.5
- Recolored some map icons
- Ran the dataminer again for new coordinates
- Stopped alerting when you find the dead Time Lost Proto Drake in Nagrand
- Marker ignores mobs better
- Update the macro when finding a new rare
Changed in v3.1.4
- Stop the popup from showing for Haakun the All-Consuming, since it reliably crashes the game. For reals.
- Fix some wowhead data being missing from the defaults
- Fix minimap tooltip not showing
- Separate out the achievements and quest filters for handynotes
- Adjusted the handynotes icons. Special icons for mount-dropping mobs...
Changed in v3.1.3
- Stop the Outland rares from showing up in the Draenor zones of the same name
- Ignore the Ashran quartermasters if you're their faction
- The mobs with the mounts
- Count having completed the hidden tracking quests as "achieved" for handynotes integration purposes
- Tweak the appearance of the click-target popup a bit
Changed in v3.1.2
- Include the Draenor rares
- Include the tooltip / LDB completion notes for Draenor achievements
- Some attempt at matching up rares whose vignette-name is different from the actual mob's name
- Fix automatic-localization of rare names via tooltip-scanning
- Fix making waypoints in TomTom
Changed in v3.1.0
- Update for 6.0
- Remove cache-scanning. 6.0 broke it. Blizzard has never liked it, so I doubt we're getting it back. :P
- Improve vignette scanning to compensate. 6.0 should have made it more reliable.
Changed in v3.0.10
- Include the handynotes settings in SD's options, since they're all hidden away in the main HN options
- Add a toggle for the frame locking... apparently the ALT-drag thing was non-obvious.
- Finally fix the last-seen-time ceiling
- Handynotes options to show/hide achieved mobs, and non-achievement mobs
- Option to disable rare announcing if dead
- Looking for achievement mobs: a sound default
- Disabling special sounds for mounts: wasn't working
- Add achievement status to broker and handynotes
- Update the zoom when the zone changes, too
- Add a range display ring to the minimap
- Was missing Throne of Thunder
- The max mapid is no longer below 950...
- Include Timeless Champion achievement
- Try to scan vignettes
- Get the Timeless Isle zoneid in there
- Rearrange notes on handynote popup
- Fix Krasarang terrain issue
- Strip out (Jade) from syncs.
- 5.2 zones should be flagged as MoP
- Warbringer should be in mount list
- Use manual camel coords provided by MysticalOS
- Missed a label
Changed in v3.0.5
- Make to work in 5.2
- New option to only import mobs which are relevant to achievements
- Mark rares when targeted / mouseovered, to make them easier to track down
- Improvements to HandyNotes integration
- Show achievement status in tooltips ("Glorious!: Needed / Already killed")
- Targeting macro now doesn't try to target ignored mobs
- Stop using UIFrameFlash, since it taints the glyph frame
- Don't announce faction-specific mobs if you're not of the appropriate faction
Changed in v3.0.0
- Rewritten extensively to better handle the new mob/zone information that's been made available since early 2009.
Changed in v2.6.3
- Update for 5.0
- NPCScan.Overlay integration
- Remove cartographer support, already
- Drop LibTourist
- Mine for datas
- Adjust zone handling so that Darkmoon Faire and Molten Front aren't considered the same zone. (Blizzard calls them both zoneid 0, so...)
Changed in v2.6.1
- TOC increase for 4.3
- New version of LibTourist-3.0, which was locking up the game when entering the world
- Avoid a race condition that could happen when setting up the macro while changing zones
- Run the dataminer
Changed in v2.6
- Scan neighboring zones as well as the current
- More customization in what rares to ignore, based on expansion zone
- Show a list of rares seen this session in the broker plugin
- Registers a sending prefix, for those times when Blizzard feels like enforcing that
- New player location code, should account for changing zone terrain better
Changed in v2.5
- Syncing of rare-seeing between party members and guild members (switchable off for performance / keeping the rares to yourself)
- Dataminer has been rewritten somewhat
- Mysterious Camel Figurine now included (see above)
- Record NPC ids from target/mouseover instead of relying purely on the import
Changed in v2.4.3
- Astrolabe error for people with an updated version of Handynotes is fixed
- Quite a few new cataclysm rares included in the data; reimport to pick them up
- Disabling the rare popup wasn't working
- Some people reported an error when the screen flashed to alert them of a rare. This should plausibly be fixed... though I could never actually reproduce it myself, so no promises yet.
Changed in v2.4.1
- Fix problem with cache-scanning not always working
- Reran dataminer to pick up information on tamable mobs, which had gone missing
Changed in v2.4
- TOC to 40000
- Option to skip scanning while on a taxi
- Config rearranged
- Dataminer run once more
Changed in v2.3.4
- New "clear all rares" option in config.
- HandyNotes updates in response to import/clear without needing a reloadui.
- Actually includes the non-vern dataminer run.
Changed in v2.3.3
- Update for 30300
- Run dataminer. Forcibly exclude Vern from the dump. So if you clear your seen-rares and then do a new import, you won't see the popup for Vern in Dalaran any more.
Changed in v2.3.2
- Better handling of player location in instances
- Add zhTW rares translation submitted by s8095324.
- Fix Nameplate/Cache scanning
- Run dataminer
Changed in v2.3.1
- Missing AceLocale-3.0 embed.
- Cartographer integration bug.
Changed in v2.3.0
- Default rare list localized to: deDE, frFR, ruRU, esES. Run an import to pick 'em up.
- Better filtering-out of player pets.
- Bump the TOC for SilverDragon_Data, so you don't need to enable out of date addons to import rares any more.
Changed in v2.2.3
- Different layouts for portrait and full-body model views. Full-body is big and on top of the frame.
- Bump TOC
- AceConsole-3.0 embed was missing. Oops.
Changed in v2.2.2
- Adjust said targeting frame a bit.
- Fix a bunch of errors I found when looking at the Scarshield Quartermaster.
- More feedback when creating a macro.
Changed in v2.2.1
- Show in the tooltip whether a mob is already in the unit cache.
- Option to choose what ways of seeing a rare will make the targeting frame appear.
- Bugfix for the click-to-target options not showing. (Thanks to EthanCentaurai!)
Changed in v2.2.0
- Add click-to-target frame that pops up when a rare is seen.
- Add macro-generator.
- Configure which sound is played when a rare is found. (Thanks to EthanCentaurai!)
- Options for which scanning methods to use.
Changed in v2.1.2
- Quick fix for a nil error
Changed in v2.1.1
- Add cache-scanning, much credit to NPCScan by Saiket.
- More options for notifying you: text, sound, screen-flashing.
- LDB tooltip now says whether the rare is tameable.
- [b]For the cache-scanning to work, you have to import data. It relies on NPC ids that can't be gained from within the game.[/b]
Changed in v2.0 r20090403010638
- Add a minimap icon for those without.
- Assorted bugfixes
Changed in 2.0 r20090225045942
- Fix a missing LibSink-2.0 embed.
Changed in 2.0 r20090224102127
- Total rewrite for WotLK. It's Ace3 now, and works with HandyNotes or Cartographer to put notes on your map.
Changed in v1.0 r49794
- Update for 2.2.
- Add deDE localization.
- Some distance tweaks to rare location saving.
Changed in v1.0 r36305
- Update for 2.1.
- Add zhTW translation from norova.
Changed in v1.0 r32928
- Improve TBC rares defaults.
- Fix a few potential bugs.
Changed in v1.0 r27768
- Add TBC rares to defaults, provided by Astaldo on wowace forums.
- Adjust display of coordinates to "x.x,y.y" instead of "x,y".
- Better Cartographer information -- show rare info in the Cartographer tooltip.
- Tweaked nameplate scanning for efficiency.
Changed in v1.0 r21954