Update: A kind user named Rosdav fixed the "green button" bug for everyone and I've updated with it :)
Sorry all, MiniPet is currently dead. I've lost interest in WoW and related programming. I still hope to return soon to fix up the problems, but you're probably better off using one of the newer, shiner addons now :(
Currently being maintained by LordFarlander
WoW 5.x notes
Because of the change to battle pets, your favorites will likely be reset!
Sorry that the description is so out of date, I hope to have it updated soon.
The latest version adds support for uploading a single character's pet collection to WarcraftPets.com. To access it, go to the addon settings, select the Companions group and click the button "Get WarcraftPets.com code". The code you need to upload will be put into your chat edit box. You can also get to it from the chat command "/ccn options Companions wcpCode"
There are a number of events that trigger the loss of your companion. This addon reminds you to summon a new one, either by displaying a text warning and/or flashing the MiniPet button. You can drag and position the MiniPet button wherever it's most convenient for your UI.
Events That Trigger Alerts
- Entering the game
- Entering an instance
- Resurrecting (works most times, but not all)
- Using a Taxi Service
Usage & Commands
- Click the MiniPet button to summon a random companion!
- Right-click the MiniPet button to hide it.
- Type /MiniPet options [command] or /mp options [command]
Options and Commands:
- Opens the graphical configuration.
- Shows a list of all the companions on your character.
- Forces a refresh of the list of companions on your character.
- Shows text alerts to warn you to summon a companion.
- Text alerts are ENABLED by default.
- Flash or don't flash the button to warn you to summon a companion.
- Flashing is ENABLED by default.
- Hide or don't hide the button after it's clicked.
- Hide on-click is ENABLED by default.
- Show MiniPet alerts while in a battleground.
- Text alerts in BGs are ENABLED by default.
- Shows alerts when dismounting a personal flying mount.
- Text alerts when dismounting are ENABLED by default.
- Sets whether only soulbound companions will be suggested.
- Only soulbound companions are suggested by default.
- Sets whether companions that require a reagent to summon will be suggested ONLY if the reagent is currently in your inventory.
- Companions that require a reagent will only be suggested if you have the reagent by default.
- Sets whether companions that are summoned from equipment will be suggested when the item is not equipped.
- MiniPets from equipment will only be suggested when the item is equipped by default.
- Sets whether only companions that are part of a quest will be suggested if they are in your bags.
- Quest companions will be suggested by default.
- Show or hide the MiniPet button.
- Button is ENABLED by default.
- Locks the position of the MiniPet button.
- The button is not locked by default.
- The normal transparency of the button.
- The normal transparency is 100% (1.0) by default.
- Fades the button out when it is not the cursor is not over it.
- Fading is off by default.
- Fades the button out instead of hiding it.
- Fading instead instead of hiding is off by default.
- Don't fade the button if in combat.
- Fading is stopped if in combat by default.
- Don't fade the button if Shift is being held down.
- Fading is not stopped by holding down Shift by default.
- Don't fade the button if Control is being held down.
- Fading is not stopped by holding down Control by default.
- Don't fade the button if Alt is being held down.
- Fading is not stopped by holding down Alt by default.
- How long it should take to completely fade out the button.
- It will take 0.5 seconds by default.
- Amount of time to wait before fading out the button.
- It will wait 0.5 seconds by default.
- Final transparancy of the button when faded out.
- The final transparancy is 20% (0.2) by default.
- Show a list with all of your favorite companions.
- Show a list with all of your zone favorite companions.
Some options can only be set by using WoW's Interface->Addons dialog, which can also be brought up by entering /mp gui.
MiniPet supports [http://www.wowace.com/projects/buttonfacade/ ButtonFacade], use /bf to configure the skin and color settings for the button if you have it installed.
MiniPet supports [http://www.wowace.com/projects/libkeybound-1-0/ LibKeyBound], use /kb to enter key binding mode.
MiniPet's button will stick to other frames that support [http://www.wowace.com/projects/libstickyframes-2-0/ LibStickyFrames].
MiniPet outputs the current item it will use using LibDataBroker-1.1. Note that clicking on the item in a Broker addon will not activate the item. You must have MiniPet bound to a key to use it in a Broker addon and hide its own button.
- Alerts do not work when entering non-instanced portals, such as the portal in the Stormwind mage tower.
- Changes to the randomizer means that it will sometimes pick the same companion many times in a row. This is intentional.
Only the English translation is currently being maintained. While French and German translations exist, they are not being regularly updated.
German translation by Plinius; updated by CrispyRoll.
French translation by Faerian.
- None at the moment.