An embedded library that scans your AddOn's ToC to display that information either as a seperate About button in the Interface Options panel, or as part of AceConfig-3.0 options table.
Retail or Classic
LibAboutPanel-2.0 should work in both versions of the game. However, if you use it as a standalone in WoW Classic, you will need to enable loading of outdated AddOns via the character select screen, AddOn button, toggle in the new window.
Not a drop-in replacement
LibAboutPanel and LibAboutPanel-2.0 do more or less the same thing, but LAP2 will not replace Ackis' version just because you have it installed. As an author, you can make the choice which you prefer.
Features that are new or different than Ackis' LibAboutPanel
- More localization. LAP2 uses global strings to translate factions, locale names, etc. It also has more translatable strings than the original.
- Its API is embedded, so MyAddOn:API() is the norm.
- LAP2 has an API that supports AceConfig-3.0 options tables, thus the About panel can be displayed as a tab, part of a tree, etc.
List of supported ToC fields
- Notes in all languages the author has translated
- Title in all languages the author has translated
@project-version@is replaced with a translation of
- X-Date or X-ReleaseDate
- X-Revision including
- X-Author-Faction (Horde or Alliance) translated
- X-Localizations (enUS, deDE, etc) which are translated themselves. Note the z not s
All Rights Reservedis translated
There are several phrases and words that need translating. Please help and contribute.
Bugs and suggestions
There is a ticket tracker for that.