This addon allows you to browse your client's internal item database in order to eg. look at the tooltips or dress up.
It will also keep a list of items seen this session in order to link them (unforunatly the internal databes is not linksafe).
Be warned that I don't have control over the database so any item pruning is done by the client and is outside of my reach.
For now patching to a new version of WoW will prune all items in cache but your client will rebuild a cache of over 1k items very quick.
- searchable list of all items known to your client
- auction house style interface with dressup frame
- lists stack size in the item's icon
- list of linkable items
- item's vendor value is shown, too (atm only supporting KC_Items, SellValue and an unreleased addon I wrote, sorry :( )
- only tracking base items; you won't find eg any "... of the ape" stuff in it
- using DistChat to propagate valid items between clients (thx to Iriel for talking with me about this :) )
PLANS FOR THE FUTURE:
- maybe even better tracking of linkable items
- support for more addons that return an item's vendor value
- DistChat will block afk, dnd and ignore messages from players it's interacting with for 10 seconds in order to not spam the user
/itemdb -> will open the interface. You use it as you would use the auction house interface.
/itemdb status -> shows some statistics
/itemdb join -> joins DistChat (if it doesn't join on its own)
/itemdb hop -> leaves DistChat in order to rejoin later
/itemdb leave -> leaves DistChat for this session
shift-clicking on the search button will force a rescan of the internal database, which is also done when you open the window the first
time during a session and then at most once every 5min when hitting the search button.
THIS ADDON COMES WITH ABSOLUTLY NO WARRENTY! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS IT MAY CAUSE!
If you find any bugs feel free to tell me about them using my author portal at http://elkano.wowinterface.com/