This is ticket is here to centralize reports about ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED errors.
Symptoms : InlineAura is working like a charm but you get hundreds or errors looking like this during combat :
[ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "InlineAura" tried to call the protected function "RandomButtonX:Show()".
Firstly, InlineAura never calls the :Show() and :Hide() methods of action buttons (or action bars) because I know this is prohibited by Blizzard and causes this kind of error. So this error report is a bit misleading.
Secondly, it is possible that InlineAura actually causes a taint issue, leading to this error. It might be the code that handles the glowing borders. It uses Blizzard code and might possibly taint it.
This points means I could fix it by altering the glowing border support somehow.
If you get this kind of error, could you test this please ?
if true or (state.spellId and IsSpellOverlayed(state.spellId)) or state.highlight ~= "glowing" then
Small edit to Display.lua adding "true" as above stopped the errors for me.
So could you try another thing please ?
Thanks for your work in trying to track it down and fix this.
Messed with it for a while today. As you may have guessed, running no other addons and a fresh install of Inline Aura, it will not taint. Loading a number of other addons and the log is full of taint issues from a number of different addons and Ace libraries.
I'll try to narrow them down one by one in combination with Inline Aura, but that's a slightly longer project.
Just send the big one. I'll sort it on my side. The taint log records everything though a lot of tainting is innocuous (e.g. tainting global variables that are never used by Blizzard code).
However, if you have a very reproducible way of producing this error. You can enable the taint log just before it happens and shut it down just after. This should make a shorter log.
As a quick note from my side, I tried this "true or" edit in my setup today, and so far had 0 errors after messing around in raids & whatnot.
I was used to getting spammed by errors all the time, especially from macro'd buttons, so it's been a nice change to see no errors at all :)
In lastest alpha, I've added a "private" overlay glow. This should avoid tainting Blizzard stuff but it could also have other side effects. Could you test it please ?
Slowpoke update but, I still get those errors, though less frequently than before.
Seems to happen more often if I'm flipping between bars in combat, though it also happens on the main bar without flipping. I wanted to say it happens more frequently on macro'd buttons, but most of the time, it's buttons 5+ that are blanking out, while my first buttons are usually the most macro'd. Most of the time I need to wait till I'm out of combat to get the buttons to update, though sometimes flipping the bars back & forth seems to get them displayed again, though there was one case yesterday where the buttons suddenly refreshed in midcombat out of the blue (first time I seen that happen).
While I was using the previous version with the "true or" edit, I had no issues at all.
The errors I get are on MultiBarX:Show calls and ActionButton5-12:Show.
So, what you are saying is that disabling highlighting, be it Blizzard's or built-in, stop the errors ?
The odd part is that I still had occasional highlights with the edit.
In any case, using the latest version & trying to keep eye for when the errors are popping up.
Was going to check Bugsack & filter the errors, but... now it is throwing an error at me (was fine a few days ago), and it ended up wiping the Bugsack error log (doh).
Having just read though about some Blizz taint issues on Buggrabber's page, I start to wonder if the errors I've seen lately are related to those. Will keep eye open.
meh never mind.
I actually can't pinpoint exactly what is breaking for me at moment.
Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I end up with disappearing buttons (which only fixes itself when I get out of combat & cycle the bars).
Sometimes it's happy times, sometimes it's bugsack having an orgasm of errors (one of the repeat counters is at 4000+ now for ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED since I last rest bugsack 2 months ago).
To post a comment, please
or register a new account.