Historian collects various interesting, if useless, statistics about your characters - such as how many quests you have completed, how often you have fallen down and hurt yourself, and who you like to follow around. The kind of statistics are varied and new ones are still being added.
How to access the statistics
There are two ways to view the statistics collected by Historian:
- Hover your mouse over the FuBar plug-in to display some of the most frequently used information.
- Requires that you have the FuBar addon installed
- Access the main Historian window which contains all of the information.
- Click on the button of the HistorianFu plug-in.
- Or type /historian show.
The following statistics are currently tracked when Historian is running:
- The fellow player you have followed the most (slacker!)
- Your favorite prey (i.e. the kind of enemy you have killed the most)
- Your favorite spell (or skill)
- Number of times you have jumped
- How many times you have eaten food or had some water
- Number of times you have been tipsy, drunk, or completely smashed
- Number of times you have been Away From Keyboard
- Number of quests completed
- Number of recipes learned
- Number of areas discovered
- Total number of mobs killed
- Total number of spells casts
- The highest amount of money ever owned on this character.
- Number of items received, by quality (uncommon, rare, epic, etc.)
- Number of times you have suffered environmental damage and the total amount of damage for each kind:
- Total number of deaths
- Every mob killed, sorted by the number of times you have killed it.
- Only the first 500 unique names are displayed in the list due to performance.
- Also includes kills by your group or raid
- Number of personal killing blows is listed in parenthesis.
- Both stats are also listed in the tooltip when you hover over an enemy (can be turned off)
- Every spell you've cast, sorted by the number of times you have cast it.
- Also includes spells the game casts for you or cast by items.
- Location and date/time of every new level you have gained.
Note that some statistics are hidden in FuBar if no data exists (e.g. you've never swum around in slime).
Following is a list of known problems with the addon:
- Items are counted as received again when you retrieve them from the mail of a failed or canceled auction.
Following is a list of possible improvements being considered for the addon:
- Track duels won or lost (Possible events to register for: DUEL_FINISHED)
- Track number of potions used (e.g. mana, health, elixirs)
- Track loss of control due to fear or mind control (Possible events to register for: PLAYER_CONTROL_LOST).
- Show number of critters killed (already tracked)
- Track number of talent respecs
- Track the player(s) you have grouped with most often.
- Show number of exalted factions.
- Track number of Hearthstone uses (both in and out of combat)
- Track number of pockets picked (rogue)
- Track number of portals created (mage)
- Track names/number of people summoned (warlock)
- Track trade skill usage (e.g. player created yet another item). For enchanting, track number of items enchanted. (Possible events to register for: BIND_ENCHANT)
- Track spell cast interruptions / failures (Possible events to register for: SPELLCAST_DELAYED, SPELLCAST_FAILED, SPELLCAST_INTERRUPTED)
- Determine average casting time
- Track statistics for /roll
- Track number of arrows fired (and similar ammo)
- Track amount of money spent on repairs.
- Determine a player's nemesis - i.e. PvP kills and deaths. (Possible events to register for: PLAYER_PVP_KILLS_CHANGED, PLAYER_DEAD)
- Track number of buffs cast (PW:F, MotW, etc.)
- Track number of times you have mounted / dismounted (incl. favorite mount if possible).
- Track favorite zone by time spent or times entered.
- Track amount of money spent on taxiing.
These improvements have already been implemented:
Recipes learned: Read this from the tradeskill window somehow?Added in v18.104.22.168 -- Ixchael 04:54, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
Track food and drinksAdded in v22.214.171.124 -- Ixchael 06:24, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
Track number of jumps (damn bunnies)Added in v126.96.36.199 -- Ixchael 06:24, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
Clicking on an item could report the specific stat to the chat window.Added in v188.8.131.52 --Ixchael 12:40, 8 October 2007 (EDT)
Remember the date it started tracking.Added in 184.108.40.206 -- Ixchael 01:56, 23 October 2007 (EDT)
Expand "items looted" to include quest rewards and Master Looter assigned.Added in 220.127.116.11 -- Ixchael 05:31, 21 December 2007 (EST)
Currently kills are only recorded if you get the killing blow or get XP for it. Improve this to work better in level 70 groups / raids.Added in 18.104.22.168 -- Ixchael 05:31, 21 December 2007 (EST)
Track how many times a spell or skill has been usedAdded in 22.214.171.124 -- Ixchael 17:54, 3 January 2008 (EST)
Create a new window (with tabs) to display all the statistics.Added in 1.2.0 -- Ixchael 02:35, 22 February 2008 (EST)
Display leveling statistics graphically.Added in 1.2.0 -- Ixchael 02:35, 22 February 2008 (EST)
Number of times you have been Away From KeyboardAdded in 1.2.8 -- Ixchael 17:41, 20 February 2009 (EST)
If you have any ideas, please post in the Historian thread on the WoW Ace forums.