Since Fubar is no more and Fubar2Broker isnt a permanent solution i completely ported it to LDB, the addon is here : http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/broker_addon_ctrl.aspx, so with that change i stopped this project. if any1 wants to take over feel free to pm me.
Is now LDB compatible if you use FuBar2Broker
Is now AddonLoader compatible - loaded delayed
- Lets you enable disable addons in game without logging out.
- Lets you quick reload the UI.
- You are able to save addon sets that you can easily reload at any time.
- You can hide certain addons for certain characters.
- Different sorting options for addons (atm only grouping by Name possible)
This addon uses modifier keys a lot, meaning if you hold down SHIFT, CTRL or ALT and press or mouseover stuff different things will happen. This is the complete list of what you can do.
ALT key (is used for all kinds of addon hiding /showing)
- ALT+click a normal addon entry lets you hide it
- ALT+click a group name will show all hidden addons for this group again
- ALT+click the FuBar icon reloads the UI
- ALT+mouseover the FuBar icon shows the list with hidden addons that you can show them again
SHIFT key (for loading / enabling stuff)
- SHIFT+click a normal addon to load it on demand if possible
- SHIFT+click a group will enable / disable the whole group
- SHIFT+click the Fubar icon has no functionality
- SHIFT+mouseover the FuBar icon shows a list with Sets you can load (you can also do this in the right click menu)
CTRL key (miscelaneous stuff)
- CTRL+click normal addon has no functionality
- CTRL+click a group will collapse / open ALL nodes
- CTRL+click the Fubar icon has no funtionality
- CTRL+mouseover the FuBar icon has no functionality
Grouping Options : (atm only 1 avail)
- There are a few hardcoded groups that group addons together, like auctioneer which has many modules which start with different characters, also the group LDB addons is hardcoded and quite a few more i personally know of. The rest of the addons gets grouped if a certain amount of characters at the start of the name or title of the addon match each other. This is set to 4 by default and means if 4 characters at the start match, a group will be created. You can influence that behaviour by modifying the setting "Grouping Chars Start" and setting it to your desired amount. The higher this number, the fewer addons will group together and vice versa.
Want to help translate it, go here and translate some phrases... http://www.wowace.com/addons/fubar_mcpfu/localization/
Thx for your help.
ToDo / Know Issues :
- just figured that if you dont have an addon any more it still remains on the hidden list. you can remove it there by just clicking it but should write an algorythm that automaticly removes non existing addons from that list on each new login.
look in the right click menu, there is an option "Grouping Char Start" which should be set to 4, which means if the first 4 characters of an addon name match, they are grouped together, increasing this number will group less addons since ofc not that many addons start out lets say with the same 10 characters if you set it to 10, so increase that number until you find the addons you want to be seperate have seperated.
There's one issue i don't know if it's intentional. Some addon's that have nothing to do with each other except maybe share first 2-3 letters are grouped together.
So when i quickly scan addons with my eyes i could miss where particular addon is if it's hidden inside some other collapsed addon collection.
Do you know what i mean?
if you still have problems and you are ok with installing another addon to make it work, install addon loader
what this does is make some addons not load immediately, but after you have logged on, this way loggin in loading is shortened. with this activated it loaded for me every time.
@raisers : making it remember the position of the tooltip is not possible with the fubar functionality afaik. if any1 knows how to do it he can quick post here, thx.
Then making changes and going through the list wouldn't be as a pain as it is now when you keep messing with addons at the bottom of list.
Tried typing /mcp, /mcpfu, looking in Addons section in Interface menu but unable to :-( help?
it should definately show an icon and the slash command is
if that doesnt work, the addon somehow didnt load at all.
try the newest version, maybe it works, cos the loadondemand is gone and the dependency Fubar is gone.
1. Rightclick the Fubar panel to open the settings window
2. From the dropdown in the upper left corner (currently showing FuBar), select Ace2
3. In the Load textbox in the pane on the right type in FuBar_MCPFu and press enter.
4. The icon should now be seen in teh FuBar panel as well as a message in the chat window stating it has now been loaded.
Caveat: Each time the UI is reloaded, the addon gets disabled / not seen. Not sure why. For now I plan to follow the steps mentioned above but is going to be a pain following on each character.
Smuggles, Any possibility you can guide / figure out what's happening?
also i dunno any LDB clients except fubar to test it on, any good advice for a tiny LDB client that works nicely to test it ?
Thanks for your time.
There's a lot of documentation about LDB actually if you go over to that FuBar2Broker (linked above) and look over that dude's page. I think he directs ppl to a lot of LDB sites. Also, i'm sure googling it or even asking on the forums here would provide you with a wealth of information. So far every author I have encountered that has researched LDB has gotten a ton of support from the other authors and the mod community so I am sure it wouldn't be too bad if you get some advice =)