This is a big change idea, inspired by the recently-added content from RPHelper2.
Currently in SS 4.0.3.05 you can use a character-specific profile, or share that profile for all of your characters. This is a data set called EventTable.
I would prefer to have multiple overlapping profiles (separate EventTables) where I can separately edit subsets of my event triggers and speech lists, in order to share subsets of those speeches among all my toons, while still retaining some toon-specific speech triggers.
This should include separate profiles (data sets) for:
- specific characters - speeches you only want to use for this character
- all characters - triggers and speeches shared by all your characters
- per class - shared by every toon you play that is the same class, i.e. all mages
- per race - shared by every toon that is the same race, i.e. all dwarves. This is the main inspiration for the feature idea
- per faction - shared by every alliance character, or every horde character
- per realm - shared by every character on a given realm server, but not used on other realms
- per guild(?) - shared by every character in a given guild, but not used by characters you have in other guilds
- user-defined profiles, such as my "roleplaying" data set, or my "evil" data set.
Each character would have the option to enable/disable the set of profiles you want that character to use. You wouldn't be forced to use all of the EventTables that apply to that toon's race, class, faction, realm, and guild.
The default settings for a new character would enable the profiles that apply to your race, class, realm, faction, and guild... the player would still have the option to turn some of these on or off per-character.
That's basically what it does now (SS 4.0.3.05) but it does that by copying all of the applicable defaults into your single EventTable (which is either character-specific or shared) ... so the enhancement suggestion here is to keep those data sets separate, to be able to share them properly between different characters, rather than merge them all together into one active EventTable.
Behind the scenes, the data will have to be merged together in some way in order to get the find the enabled triggers from all of the content packs, and get the right kind of random selection of speeches.
- 6 comments
- Last updated
- May 04, 2016
- Dec 24, 2010
- Accepted - Problem reproduced / Need acknowledged.
- Enhancement - A change which is intended to better the project in some way
- Low - Might slip to a later milestone.