Inspired by Bunny Hunter, Rarity tracks how many chances you've had to obtain various rare items throughout the game, and tells you how lucky (or unlucky) you are. It will tell you how likely you are to obtain the item, track how long you've been farming for it, etc. This is primarily useful for farming companion/battle pets and mounts, but it also supports virtually any item including patterns and designs, archaeology projects, etc.
Rarity tracks an exhaustive list of every mount and companion/battle pet in the entire game (at least those that require significant farming to obtain). Items can be filtered by expansion and type. Rarity factors in the size of a typical group when determining probabilities, and can even tell you if you've killed certain world bosses!
Farming a huge collection of bones for the Bone-White Primal Raptor? Rarity will show you your progress.
- Provides an LDB feed, tooltips, and progress bar, allowing you to track items of your choice
Tracks every kind of item you can imagine:
- Supports zone-wide drops (like Hyacinth Macaw)
- Supports containers (like White Polar Bear)
- Supports two-level loots (like Disgusting Oozeling)
- Supports archaeology projects (like Scepter of Azj'Aqir)
- Supports fishing (like Sea Turtle)
- Supports item usage (like Mojo)
- Supports items dropped from bosses that require a group to defeat
- Supports items obtained from holiday boss bags (like Big Love Rocket)
- Supports items looted from world containers (like Bonkers)
- Supports collections of things (like Reins of the Bone-White Primal Raptor)
- Supports some special cases (like Elementium Geode, Mysterious Camel Figurine)
- Supports things other than pets and mounts (like Skyshard, Primal Egg, recipes, legendary components)
- Supports bonus coin rolls (like Mogu Rune of Fate)
- Fully user configurable—you can add your own items to track
- Adds to game tooltips, showing you when something you're looking at is the source of something that Rarity tracks
- Lets you modify your kill count without having to edit saved variables
- Shows an "achievement" alert when you obtain the item
- Uses boss kill statistics whenever possible to keep track of attempts
- Can report your progress to various channels or in whispers
- Tracks how long you've been farming this session, day, week, and month
- Supports tracking two items at the same time
- Tells you if you've defeated world bosses this week
- Automatically imports data from Bunny Hunter
You should also install
- Rarity works best with an LDB display like Fortress, Button Bin, or Titan Panel. If you don't have a display, turn on Rarity's minimap icon. There are lots of displays available—if you don't like one, try another!
- AddonLoader is highly recommended. This will let you keep the configuration UI unloaded until you need it.
- Collectinator is a good companion add-on to Rarity. It will show you where to obtain everything that Rarity tracks.
- Archy is recommended to replace the default Archaeology UI, which Rarity has been known to cause problems with.
Click here to help translate Rarity into your language.
Click here to read the Frequently Asked Questions. Please read this before requesting support.
Click here to view the known issues and limitations. Please read this before requesting support.
- Date created
- Aug 05, 2011
- Last update
- Aug 24, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files