Rarity tracks how many times you've tried to obtain various rare items like mounts and battle pets. It will tell you how likely you are to obtain the item, track how long you've been farming for it, and tell you how lucky you've been so far. Although it's mostly used for mounts and battle pets, it supports pretty much any item, including profession patterns, archaeology projects, and more.
Out of the box, Rarity includes support for every single mount and battle pet in the game which require some time to farm. It also includes support for some mount-related items like Skyshard, Primal Egg, and Giant Dinosaur Bone. It'll even notice if you mouseover a Mysterious Camel Figurine, plus lots of other stuff. Rarity factors in the size of a typical group when determining probabilities, and can also tell you if you've killed various world bosses this week.
If Rarity doesn't track something you want to track, you can add it yourself! Just about everything is user configurable.
Curious what math is going on behind the scenes? The author of Bunny Hunter created the original algorithms. He wrote an article about it here. Your chance to obtain an item doesn't increase as you farm it; Rarity is just telling you how lucky you've been so far. It can be remarkably cathartic to see a progress bar move up as you spend hours upon hours trying for that Disgusting Oozeling.
- Rarity is primarily an LDB feed with a large tooltip. It can function as either a mini-map icon (you have to turn this on in the options), or as a standard LDB feed (use a display like Fortress, Button Bin, Titan Panel, or Chocolate Bar).
- Provides a progress bar, which you can toggle by clicking the icon or feed label.
- Adds some info to world tooltips, showing you if an NPC can be used to obtain something that Rarity tracks.
- Tells you where and how to obtain everything Rarity tracks.
- Lets you modify your attempt count without having to edit saved variables
- Uses statistics whenever possible to keep track of attempts
- Breaks your farming down by session, day, week, and month
- Shows what item drops from WoD rares, and whether you've already killed the rare
- Tells you if you've defeated certain world bosses this week
- Supports bonus coin rolls
- You can add your own items to track
- Automatically imports data from Bunny Hunter if you're switching
- PetTracker shows you on the map which battle pets you need to obtain and where they spawn.
- Archy is recommended because it fixes some issues Rarity has with the Archaeology UI.
Click here to help translate Rarity into your language.
Click here to read the Frequently Asked Questions. Please read this before requesting support.
Click here to view the known issues and limitations. Please read this before requesting support.
- Date created
- Aug 05, 2011
- Last update
- Oct 30, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files