The goal of LibNameplate is to let you pull info from nameplates and/or add frames to nameplates. Replacing whole nameplates is probably out of it's scope.
Some features of LibNampelate are:
- LibNameplate keeps track of when nameplates are shown / hidden and has callbacks for these events.
- LibNameplate provides API to pull info from nameplates such as the name, class, threat ect.
- LibNameplate also links GUID's with nameplates allowing you to differentiate nameplates with the same name.
LibNameplate supports the default nameplates as well as Aloft*, Tidy Plates*, caelNameplates* and dNameplates* (see known issues page).
If your nameplate addon alters the existing frames/regions of a nameplate (instead of creating new ones and hiding the Blizzard ones), then that addon's likely not going to work with LibNameplate.
To get a handle in lua:
local LibNameplate = LibStub("LibNameplate")
Warning: Replacing or altering existing elements of a nameplate could break LibNameplate's API. If you plan on doing this, please let me know so I can add support for your modifications.
Projects that use LibNameplate
- danltiger - Nameplate colour code from TidyPlates
- WoWAce's IRC team, Torhal, Arrowmaster, orionshock, Gagorian, haste and others.
- Adirelle - Removed garbage table creation, proper hook creation, proper localized variable creation in a lib.
- Archarodim - Helped with 4.1 fix. Likely other fixes too.
Donations welcome. There's a donate button here.
Bitcoin address: 13mvJMp8Z38SUAnZ4PgGpio5L2inqWQGsP
- Date created
- Mar 08, 2010
- Last update
- Dec 18, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files