AVR has been broken by Blizzard as of 3.3.5. AVR Encounters has therefore been discontinued.
See this thread.
AVR Encounters (AVRE) is a boss mod agnostic add-on that integrates with AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) to provide visual effects in 3D that highlight various boss mechanics.
- Ulduar: Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, General Vezax, Yogg-Saron
- Icecrown Citadel: Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Festergut, Rotface, Professor Putricide, Blood Prince Council, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, The Lich King (does not work correctly after the platform collapses due to Blizzard zone coordinate bugs)
These are some examples of what AVR+AVRE can do. Graphics to some mechanics may have been altered since these videos were taken. All mechanics are configurable in terms of color, transparency, and sometimes circle radius.
- Marrowgar (Bone Spike): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLiRU3D-4zk
- Putricide (Unbound Plague): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YRxQx6Rsls
The "Help me in" countdown is created by Plagued.
- Putricide (Malleable Goo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHrRWuUsIEI
- Sindragosa (Instability and Frost Beacon): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FDwPeBdLQg
The positioning markers on the ground were created by our raid leader before the fight, not by AVRE.
The UI used in these videos is available for download here.
Frequently asked questions
See the FAQ page. Please read the entire page before posting questions or suggestions.
- Date created
- Apr 10, 2010
- Last update
- Jun 08, 2010
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- AVR Encounters
- Recent files