19 July 2018
(Written for Live Servers v126.96.36.199101)
Routes allow you to draw lines on the worldmap linking nodes together into an efficient farming route from existing databases. The route will be shown (by default) on the minimap and zone map as well.
Use /routes to begin.
See spikey star-shaped routes?
You haven't optimized the route yet. Go into the route you created and optimize it. Instructions below.
Video about configuring this addon.
Download and install:
Start up World of Warcraft and make sure all addons are marked to be loaded (in the addon selection screen).
Importing into GatherMate2:
- Go to 'Import Data' and then to 'GatherMate2Data' (left side)
- If you already have herbs/mines of yourself, select 'Merge' from the 'Import Style' dropdown, otherwise 'Overwrite' is ok.
- Select which sources you want to import (ea: Mining/Herbalism) and tick their respective boxes.
- Hit the 'Import GatherMate2Data' button on the bottom.
Creating your first route:
- Go to 'Add' (left side)
- Type the name of your route (and press 'Okay' or enter)
- Now select the zone you want to create a route in from the 'Select Zone' dropdown.
- Make sure the 'GatherMate2' source has it's checkbox ticked.
- Select which nodes (ea: what type of herbs/mines/fish) should be used to create your route.
- Hit the 'Create Route' button.
- Done! you can now go to the zone and follow the generated 'route' on your minimap.
You can change the color in the 'Line Settings' tab (and also completely hide the route)
Open your worldmap on the zone you just created a route in, and you will see a massive whirling of lines (light-redish).
Changing/Optimizing your route:
- Go to 'Routes' and then the zone you made your route in and finally to the route you created. This has taken you to the 'Information'-tab of this route.
- Click on the 'Optimize Route' tab.
- Hit the 'Cluster' button, this is usually advisable as most zones contain large amounts of nodes. Clustering will group 'nearby' nodes onto 1 point and the default distance is easily viewable on the minimap.
- Hit the 'Foreground' button, this will try an optimization of the length of your route (you can see it being updated after it finishes if you use a map addon like Mapster).
- Keep hitting the 'Foreground' button to try and make the route smaller,
- Select node-types to build a line upon. The following are supported
- Optimize your route using the traveling salesmen problem (TSP) ant colony optimization (ACO) algorithm
- Background (nonblocking) and foreground (blocking) optimization
- Select color/thickness/transparency/visibility for each route
- For any route created, finding a new node will try to add that as optimal as possible
- Quick clustering algorithm to merge nearby nodes into a single traveling point
- Quickly mark entire areas/regions as "out of bounds" or "taboo" to Routes, meaning your routes will ignore nodes in those areas and avoid cross them
- Fubar plugin available to quickly access your routes
- Cartographer_Waypoints and TomTom support for quickly following a route
- Works with Chinchilla's Expander minimap and SexyMap's HudMap!
- Full in-game help file and FAQ, guiding you step by step on what to do!
The latest version of Routes is always available on this page... or at:
If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, you can contact us on:
- Forum: http:forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=10369
- IRC : Grum or Xinhuan on [[irc://irc.freenode.org/wowace|irc://irc.freenode.org/wowace]]
- Email: Grum ( routes AT grum DOT nl ), Xinhuan ( xinhuan AT gmail DOT com )
Paypal donations are welcome ;)