UploadedOct 9, 2013
Supported WoW Versions
2013-10-09 16:16:21 -0700
Tagging updates as v5.1
-Updated achievements to include "One of Many", "Timeless Champion" & "Champions of Lei Shen"
-Overlay maps have been created for the Isle of Thunder & Timeless Isle.
-Rare mob in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms overlay have been updated.
-Added more color variables to deal with the large number of rares on the Timeless Isle
-Removed compatibility for the abandoned AlphaMap3 addon.
-Added compatibility for the OmegaMap addon.
-Removed the Mob key reposition on enter
-Added a Mob Key toggle button
-Added the ability to flash mob routs on mouseover of Name in Key
-Added the ability to move the Mob Key frame -fixed bug where player range circle was not set to player.
-Disabled target found rings until a good way to keep them from cluttering up the map can be found
James D. Callahan III:
- ToC update.
- Added .pkgmeta
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated localization and added Alani's localized name. Fixes Issue 105.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed a couple renamed variables in the Carbonite module that rendered all overlays off the eastern coast of Kalimdor. Fixes Issue 106.
- _NPCScan.Tools Ran update scripts.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed how the minimap module reads the new pathdata format.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed unused functions from scrapped pathdata format change.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added Sha of Anger and Galleon.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added itIT and updated deDE, esES, frFR, ptBR, and ruRU localizations.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added two more overlay colors to accommodate MoP zones.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added "Glorious!" to the list of mapped achievements for localization.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated for compatibility with new PathData format. Includes MoP rares.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated for new version of Carbonite, courtesy of Rythal.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added utility functions for querying map-id information.
- Made update scripts compatible with Mists of Pandaria, including a partial rewrite of _NPCScan.Overlay's geometry scripts.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added ptBR localization and updated frFR and zhCN localization.
- First pass at MoP changes.
- _NPCScan.Tools Updated data files.
- Bumped version numbers to 126.96.36.199.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated zhCN localization.
- Combined "Embeds.xml" and "Locales.xml" files into TOCs.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Found messages with explicit positions won't change the world map if the player isn't near the found location.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Found messages can now optionally contain a map position, to support NPC scanning mods that share positions.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added support for enCN and enTW localizations.
- Added enCN, enTW, and ptPT to X-CompatibleLocales TOC metadata.
- Added ptBR to X-CompatibleLocales TOC metadata.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated koKR, zhCN, and zhTW localizations.
- Updated TOC numbers to 40300.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added checks for potential divisions by zero, and fixed a rounding error with clipping to some minimap shapes.
- Replaced all use of "me" namespace variable with "NS".
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated Karkin's overlays to include a new spawn point.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added overlays for 4.2's new tamable rares.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added more colors for maps with many overlays.
- Bumped version numbers to 188.8.131.52.
- Transcoded a few ANSI source files to UTF-8 w/o BOM, and normalized line endings to UNIX style. Fixes Issue 48.
- Updated TOC numbers to 40200.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated koKR localization.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Bumped version number for release.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed an issue with hooking the minimap, where other similar hooks would override ours.
- Now using GetMapNameByID API added in 4.1(?).
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated zhTW localization.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a :SetMinimapFrame API to the Minimap canvas module for Issue 44.
- Updated TOC numbers to 40100 and bumped all version numbers.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated paths based on recent Wowhead data.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated localization.
- Updated X-Category metadata to follow the Ace2 spec.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed unnecessary zone size check.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated frFR, koKR, and zhTW localizations.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated path data using WowHead data.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated paths for Ghostcrawler, Terrorpene, and Madexx based on WowHead data.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added translated names of Terrorpene and Ghostcrawler.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated zhTW localization.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Found circles now work for NPCs that appear on multiple maps.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added support for NPC aliases, allowing any color variant of Madexx to show the same shared path only once.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added localized names of Cataclysm rares.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Now throws an error if there aren't enough unique colors for each mob on a map instead of reusing colors.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added Mobus to list of mobs detectable from long range, assuming he's like a Whale Shark.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added PathData for Cataclysm rares.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed overlays from Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated deDE localization, and added esES/esMX localization by galen2.
- Removed calls to the SetDesaturation wrapper, since Texture:SetDesaturated itself now handles lack of shader support.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated deDE localization.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed the way the WorldMap module's toggle button scales. It can be clicked now too!
- _NPCScan.Overlay The WorldMap range ring should now follow the player properly in Carbonite.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The WorldMap module's toggle button doesn't get pulled into Carbonite anymore.
- Merged 40000 branch for 4.0.1 pre-release Cataclysm patch.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated for compatibility with _NPCScan using LibTextTable-1.1.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Replaced comments with LuaDoc syntax.
- _NPCScan.Overlay WorldMap key won't get stuck hidden after being too big to fit on the WorldMap.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added koKR and frFR localizations.
- Updated localization files to make updates with CurseForge's localization tools easier. Replaced all string concatenation with string literals, and replaced escaped UTF-8 sequences with actual Unicode characters.
- Removed vestigial boilerplate do-end blocks and comments and newlines at ends of files.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added localized names of all mobs with paths, since Overlay doesn't read this data from _NPCScan directly anymore.
- _NPCScan.Overlay When a child of _NPCScan, now sets the options frame as a child of _NPCScan's using its name field.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Changed next release version number from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 to coincide with the 3.3.5 patch.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed obsolete AVR module localization.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added zhTW localization by s8095324. (Issue 22)
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed an error caused by missing options on first run.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Reworked the module system with a saner event system: * Modules can now garbage collect themselves if unregistered. * WorldMap-like canvases now all inherit from WorldMapTemplate. * The actual WorldMap canvas now hides/shows the key dynamically based on its size, and also maintains a minimum key scale to keep its text from shrinking too small. Separate tweaks for different sized map mods are no longer needed.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed the Cartographer3 module, since Cartographer is no longer being developed.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Map control API messages now validate Npc IDs as numbers.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Now uses the addon table passed in during loading as the main Overlay namespace.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated hooks into _NPCScan's search table to allow sorting by map.
- _NPCScan.Tools Updated all tools to use the new JSON library, with other changes:
* Binary output is now escaped using string.format's "%q" option.
* Rare mob achievement criteria is now read from achievement DBCs rather than scraped from WowHead.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed a potential bug where modules' Update methods would get called even while disabled.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Tukemuth's path now goes around Wyrmrest Temple instead of through it.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed integration with latest version of Mapster.
- _NPCScan.Tools Added a new tool "UpdateTamableIDs.lua" to automatically construct <_NPCScan/_NPCScan.TamableIDs.lua using data from WowHead and WoWDB. Also added notices to the tops of all automatically generated source files as warnings against manual edits.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Minimap overlays now properly update when the map view returns to the current zone.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Zone data is now indexed by WorldMapArea ID rather than by filename constants.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added slash commands to open the options window: "/npcscanoverlay", "/npcoverlay", and "/overlay".
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed support for LibRareSpawns, to move it into _NPCScan. Not sure why I added it to Overlay in the first place...
- _NPCScan.Overlay No longer depends on _NPCScan to load, and can run standalone.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a new "NpcOverlay_RegisterScanner" message allowing NPC scanning mods to assume control of which paths are shown. The first scanning mod to register gains sole access. All other messages (Add/Remove/Found) now require a second parameter, an addon identifier, that must match the identifier given in the register message.
If no scanning mod registers itself, _NPCScan.Overlay shows all paths by default.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a "Show All" option to always show all available patrols, even if the mob isn't being looked for.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The options pane can now be scrolled when enough modules are registered in it.
- _NPCScan.Overlay AlphaMap addon renamed to AlphaMap3.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The Minimap module's range ring doesn't fade out with Minimap overlays anymore.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The WorldMap toggle button doesn't overlap Mapster's stuff when sized down.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed an issue where Carbonite would sometimes re-show the WorldMap overlays when they should be disabled.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Now moves the WorldMap toggle checkbox when Mapster is loaded, since it uses that corner of the map frame.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed an error with the Battlefield Minimap module.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Bumped version to 18.104.22.168.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a toggle button to the WorldMap frame to quickly disable the WorldMap module.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added Arcturis' only known spawn location, and adjusted Bog Lurker's southern patrol slightly.
- All simultaneous SetWidth/SetHeight calls replaced with SetSize. GetSize also replaces GetWidth/GetHeight.
- Controls now use the default UI's GameTooltip_Hide function instead of implementing their own.
- Merged 30300 feature branch into trunk.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed the tools folder, so all tools can be moved into a separate addon.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added X-Curse-Project-ID field to TOC.
- _NPCScan.Overlay RoutesToPathData tool now reads AccountName.DAT instead of .TXT.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Most mob paths redrawn to accurately follow their positions as reported by WoWDB.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The RoutesToPathData tool now reads an "AccountName.txt" file rather than hard-coding it into source control.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added support for Cartographer3.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed a bad argument in the Carbonite module.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Minimap no longer updates every time SetMapToCurrentZone is called, since mods like QuestHelper call it every frame.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The minimap module now updates when the map is returned to the player's location.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Modules must now be registered before PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD to work properly.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated the Config file's comment block.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The WorldMap key now anchors correctly when Carbonite isn't loaded.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The key now only appears in Carbonite when its map window is maximized, and can now be moved like in the actual WorldMapFrame.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Reduced lines between tris, and fixed the Matrix tool to combine transformations correctly.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added optional support for LibRareSpawns to show portraits in _NPCScan's mob list.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a module for AlphaMap's map frame.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Changed the World Map key's bullet format to hopefully show in all locales.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Updated TOC metadata links.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The Minimap's found ring now rotates when minimap rotation is enabled.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Changed the way the BattlefieldMinimap module is anchored so that it accurately overlays the map tiles. Also seems to resolve compatibility issues with Capping's narrow map feature.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Now draws a 100 yard ring on maps indicating where found mobs probably are. Putridus is excluded from this, since his detection range is as wide as Icecrown.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed an error in the NPCFound method.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added skeleton support for catching the NpcOverlay_Found message.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Modules now add their own default options and implement their own Synchronize methods.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed all tools from the TOC for release.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The minimap module now dims to a third its normal opacity when inside, to make Wyrmrest Temple more tolerable.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Merged the CanvasClip algorithm into the minimap module.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Fixed the order points are added between AddSplit and AddRoundSplit.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Removed the ROUND_TEXTURE_PATH constant, since the path is only used once now.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added additional error checking to the RoutesToPathData tool.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Optimized the CanvasClip AddRoundSplit function:
* Now always fills circular segments with lots of tris instead of using circular textures, so that rendering the areas is still concentrated at the end of the main paint function.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Initial commit of CanvasClip round clipping algorithm.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Minimap clipping algorithm no longer attempts to draw collinear or concurrent triangle vertices.
- _NPCScan.Overlay The minimap module now updates twice as fast when rotating.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a tooltip to the minimap module's range ring checkbox explaining that it hides in empty zones.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Created an AddRoundSplit function to handle clipped rounded areas of the minimap in the ClipTest tool.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a range ring to the Minimap module, along with an option to enable it.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Moved the config enable checkboxes away from their parent borders.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Errors in module methods are now handled safely.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Changed the load order of modules so that the Minimap module appears last in the configuration panel.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added path data for Skoll.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added a GUI for setting modules' alpha. Also, modules can now add additional controls to their config windows returned by ModuleRegister.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added basic support for customizable module alpha:
* Unregistered modules can no longer have their Enable/Disable/Update methods run.
* TextureAdd and other similar draw functions no longer accept alpha.
* The Canvas/CanvasClip tool is now a module that can be enabled and disabled.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Modules can now be registered with a parent addon to load with:
* Enable/Disable/Update methods in modules are now optional.
* If a module is registered in connection with a parent addon, it must implement an OnLoad method to initialize itself.
* Unregistered modules now have grayed text next to their checkbox.
* New modules now default to enabled.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Modules can now be "unregistered", i.e. disabled for the session and made unable to re-enable. The minimap module now unregisters when Carbonite embeds it into the world map.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Moved canvas modules to a Modules folder.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added Carbonite support.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Minimap clipping now renders split points:
* Texture creation and path removal systems simplified.
* PathData is now used as an argument to draw functions rather than an NpcID.
* TextureAdd now only creates a texture if its dimensions are valid.
* Added a CanvasClip tool that simulates minimap shapes and the clipping algorithm.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added boundaries to SetTexCoord parameters to prevent "out of range" errors.
- Merged 30200 branch into trunk.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Added all Outlands rare paths. Tri texcoords now account for the one-pixel transparent border around the triangle image. Also added miscellaneous helper files to a "Tools" folder not intended for distribution.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Now capable of drawing overlays on the BattlefieldMinimap and WorldMap. Initial path polydata for Northrend based on RareSpawnOverlay's maps by keithgabryelski.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Tris are now cropped to as small a region as possible to improve framerates.
- _NPCScan.Overlay Initial commit of polygonal mob map overlays.