What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. On a character that has items in the mailbox but has not yet opened it this session, open the mailbox.
2. Immediately after, attempt to use keyboard input commands (e.g., arrow keys to move or hotkeys to take actions.)
Note that keyboard input is disabled. It will be restored after 3-5 seconds.
3. Take any action from the BMI window (e.g., take an item from a mail message).
4. Immediately after that, attempt to use keyboard input commands (e.g., arrow keys to move or hotkeys to take actions.)
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Actual result: keyboard input is locked out (or captured by BMI). Keyboard access is restored after 3-5 seconds, or it can be restored immediately by closing BMI using the mouse.
Expected result: Keyboard input is not affected.
What version of the product are you using?
Do you have an error log of what happened?
No errors were generated.
Please provide any additional information below.
I was able to reproduce this with BMI as the only addon, nothing else loaded.
I've been able to narrow this down further. Specifically, when your mouse cursor is hovering over an item in the BMI list, such that the item is highlighted, keyboard input doesn't go through. Here are reproduction steps.
1. On a character that has items in the mailbox, open the mailbox.
2. Hover your mouse over any item in the BMI list. The item's row should be highlighted.
3. Type / or use the Enter key on your keyboard to open the chat box.
Result: The chat box does not open.
Expected result: The chat box opens. If you typed /, a slash appears in the chat box.
4. Move your mouse so that it is still within the BMI window, but not highlighting an item row.
5. Type / or use the Enter key on your keyboard to open the chat box.
Result: The chat box opens as expected.
You can also repeat these steps using the arrow keys to move, with the same results. The arrow keys are ignored when hovering over an item, but you can move as expected when it's not over an item.
To post a comment, please
or register a new account.