I am very proud to announce the official launch of Curse Client v4 Early Access Beta!
The New Client is Born
After the launch of Curse Client 3.0, we began taking notes on the most frequent user requests, complaints, and general feedback. The result of this feedback is version 4. In development since May, version 4 of the Curse Client has been redesigned from the ground up. Written in C# and utilizing Microsoft WPF technology, the Curse Client now sports a modern user interface and an entirely new set of features.
- AddonSync - Keep your addons in sync across multiple game installs and computers. Backup and restore addon settings, automatically.
- UI Wizard - Create your own UI packs, and share them with your friends.
- Addon Icons - All addons now have icons for better identification and visual feedback.
- Integrated Bug Reporting - To assist authors in identifying issues and handling feature requests, the new Curse Client now includes an integrated bug reporting module.
- New Scanning Technology - Checking for addon updates now only takes a couple of seconds, and uses a fraction of the CPU as version 3.
- Small Memory Footprint - The new client has been optimized to fit within a tiny 1 to 3 megabyte footprint (when idle) and 1 megabyte when trayed.
- Better Customization - Choose the information you want to see in your addons list, the number of simultaneous downloads and even your UI theme (two in beta, with more to come).
- Better Searching - Search addons by name, category and author, instantly.
- Better Security - The Curse Client is now digitally signed by VeriSign to ensure authenticity. Additionally, all client-to-server communication has been secured with HTTPS-level encryption.
Below are instructions for how you can get into the early access beta, as well as screenshots showcasing the new client.
A native, Cocoa-based Mac client has also been in development, and will soon be entering beta.
Installing the Beta
Simply download the installer from http:clientupdate.curse.com/setup.exe and run it. The installer will verify a compatible version of .Net is on your computer, and update it if necessary. Depending on what version of .Net is installed on your computer, this process can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
How to Report Bugs & Feedback
Please report all bugs using the integrated bug reporting tool. This will automatically include a snapshot of the Curse Client log data, as well as your operating system information. We're excited to hear what you think about the new Curse Client.
Curse Client v4 Screenshots
Redesigned User Interface
Customizable List Columns
Integrated Bug Reporting
New Search Tools
Redesigned Find New Addons Interface
Integrated Download Manager