What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. ctrl-clicking various items while in Send Mail tab to use the "attach similar items" functionality of the addon.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
* ctrl-clicking Green Cabbage
expect: choose other vegetables, or choose cooking ingredients introduced in MoP
see: choose every cooking ingredient (including those from previous expansions), Ghost Iron Ore, Living Steel, Windwool Cloth, Gnomish Army Knife, and Thermal Anvil
* ctrl-clicking Living Steel
expect: choose only bars
see: chooses all ores and bars (perhaps this is the actual expected behavior?)
// however, Kyparite does not pick any other MoP ore/bar, and GI ore sometimes picked other ore/bars up but not always.
* ctrl-clicking Ghost Iron Lockbox
expect: choose only lockboxes
see: chooses Paper Zeppelin Kit and attempts to add at least 3 soulbound items.
* ctrl-clicking Dread Amber Shards (a soulbound item)
expect: see nothing as item is soulbound
see: chooses Ghost Iron Lockbox and Paper Zeppelin Kit, and attempts to add at least 3 soulbound items.
* ctrl-clicking Ancient Guo-Lai Cache Key (a soulbound item)
expect: see nothing again
see: chooses Ghost Iron Lockbox, Paper Zeppelin Kit, Master Healing Potion, Thermal Anvil, Darkmoon Firewater, and any food in the bags, as well as attempting to add at least 3 soulbound items.
I haven't been able to make a full matrix of what links which items from different categories (or what soulbound items the function attempts to attach) as I just found this bug, and don't have any one toon with a bag content variety large enough to cover everything. A friend that told me about the ctrl-clicking to attach similar items feature tried it out with a couple items in his bags after I complained to him that it's not working for me, and his results were:
* Tiger Gourami linked Windwool Cloth and all other cooking ingredients (and Windwool Cloth linked all cooking ingredients)
* Spinefish linked Pandaren Pottery Shards.
What version of the product are you using?
both me and my friend use 3.5.1
Do you have an error log of what happened?
No visible logs in chat.
Please provide any additional information below.
I first thought this odd behavior was an addon clash with some other addon that controls inventory items, but I could reproduce the behavior with nothing other than Postal and Addon Control Panel loaded which leads me to believe it's a flaw in Postal's sorting system.
- 1 comment
- Last updated
- Jul 20, 2016
- Dec 23, 2012
- Declined - We decided not to take action on this ticket.
- Defect - A shortcoming, fault, or imperfection
- Medium - Normal priority.