WeakAuras is a powerful and flexible framework that allows you to display highly customizable graphics on your screen to indicate buffs, debuffs, and a whole host of similar types of information. It was originally meant to be a lightweight replacement for Power Auras, but it now incorporates many features that Power Auras does not, while still remaining more efficient and easy to use.
- An intuitive and powerful configuration interface
- Custom textures including all textures from Power Auras and the new Cataclysm spell alerts
- Progress bars and textures that show the exact duration of auras
- Displays based on auras, health, power (mana, rage, soul shards, holy power, etc.), cooldowns, combat events, runes, totems, items, and many other triggers
- Preset and user-defined animations
- Custom side-effects such as chat announcements or sounds
- Grouping, which allows multiple displays to be positioned and configured at the same time
- CPU optimizations such as conditional loading/unloading of displays, modularity, and prevention of full aura scanning
- Powerful customization options, such as animation paths, on-show/on-hide code, and custom triggers, for Lua-savvy users
To open the options window, type "/wa" or "/weakauras"
Note: WeakAuras works better with more media!
For in-depth documentation, see the Usage page.
For some examples of what WeakAuras can do, see the Examples page!
- 1.4.0 is released! Many new features were added, including:
- Auto-cloning: a feature available for multi-target, group, and full-scan Auras that will automatically duplicate your display to show multiple sources of information
- Dynamic Text options for Progress Bar and Icon displays
- A Circular growth option for Dynamic Group displays
- Specific Unit options for all triggers that use a Unit option - this allows you to watch only a specific group member, or use the boss1, boss2, etc. unit IDs to watch bosses
- A new display type, Model, which allows you to display any 3D model from the game files on your screen
- Third-party addons can now define pre-made displays that can be quickly and seamlessly integrated into your configuration
- Localization for German, Russian, and Chinese, and partial localization for French
- WeakAurasTutorials, a framework for displaying in-game step-by-step assistance, along with two pre-made tutorials:
- Beginners Guide: A guide through WeakAuras' basic configuration options
- New in 1.4: See the new features of WeakAuras 1.4
- More Tutorials, for more advanced features
- Documentation updated for 1.4
- Date created
- Oct 03, 2010
- Last update
- May 24, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Curse link
- Recent files