If you are coming from WeakAuras 1, just delete 1, install 2 and you are ready to go. All your auras will be there. You can do this manually or via Curse Client, please don't forget to untick the option to delete your settings though!
WeakAuras is a powerful and flexible framework that allows you to display highly customizable graphics on your screen to indicate buffs, debuffs, and a whole host of similar types of information. It was originally meant to be a lightweight replacement for Power Auras, but it now incorporates many features that Power Auras does not, while still remaining more efficient and easy to use.
- An intuitive and powerful configuration interface
- Custom textures including all textures from Power Auras and the new Cataclysm spell alerts
- Progress bars and textures that show the exact duration of auras
- Displays based on auras, health, power (mana, rage, soul shards, holy power, etc.), cooldowns, combat events, runes, totems, items, and many other triggers
- Preset and user-defined animations
- Custom side-effects such as chat announcements or sounds
- Grouping, which allows multiple displays to be positioned and configured at the same time
- CPU optimizations such as conditional loading/unloading of displays, modularity, and prevention of full aura scanning
- Powerful customization options, such as animation paths, on-show/on-hide code, and custom triggers, for Lua-savvy users
To open the options window, type "/wa" or "/weakauras"
Note: WeakAuras works better with more media!
For in-depth documentation, see the Usage page.
For some examples of what WeakAuras can do, see the Examples page!
- WeakAuras 2 is released. This is a fork of the original addon, intended to continue it's legacy.
- 1.4.0 is released! Many new features were added, including:
- Auto-cloning: a feature available for multi-target, group, and full-scan Auras that will automatically duplicate your display to show multiple sources of information
- Dynamic Text options for Progress Bar and Icon displays
- A Circular growth option for Dynamic Group displays
- Specific Unit options for all triggers that use a Unit option - this allows you to watch only a specific group member, or use the boss1, boss2, etc. unit IDs to watch bosses
- A new display type, Model, which allows you to display any 3D model from the game files on your screen
- Third-party addons can now define pre-made displays that can be quickly and seamlessly integrated into your configuration
- Localization for German, Russian, and Chinese, and partial localization for French
- WeakAurasTutorials, a framework for displaying in-game step-by-step assistance, along with two pre-made tutorials:
- Beginners Guide: A guide through WeakAuras' basic configuration options
- New in 1.4: See the new features of WeakAuras 1.4
- More Tutorials, for more advanced features
- Documentation updated for 1.4
- Date created
- Sep 10, 2013
- Last update
- Mar 11, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Curse link
- WeakAuras 2
- Recent files