What it does
TradeSkillInfo is an add-on that gives you all the information that you need about tradeskills, including the ones that your character cannot craft.
It can add the following information to the tooltip of an item:
- What tradeskills it is used in, and how many different recipes for that tradeskill it is used in.
- Which of your characters can use the item.
- Where the item comes from: bought from a vendor, dropped, disenchanted or crafted.
It can add the following information to the tooltip for recipes and crafted items:
- If any of your characters knows the recipe.
- If any of your characters are able to learn the recipe.
- If any of your characters will be able to learn the recipe in the future.
- Where the recipe comes from: bought from a vendor, quest reward, dropped or crafted.
In the tradeskill craft window it will show:
- The cost of the combine (auctioneer or vendor prices), how much the result sells for to a vendor and the profit/loss.
- At what skill levels the recipe will change to a different difficulty level.
For example, "40/60/80/120" means the recipe is learnable at skill level 40, will turn yellow at 60, green at 80 and grey at 120.
TradeSkillInfo also has it's own Browser module which is installed as a separate load-on-demand add-on. It is opened by typing "/tsi" or by binding a key in the keybindings interface.
QuickSearch an item in the inventory will open the Browser and show all recipes that use that item.
QuickSearch key-mouse combination is configurable. The default is control rightclick.
Right-clicking a reagent icon in the Browser while visiting an auction house will perform a search for that reagent.
Shift-clicking on the recipe name in the list will paste the recipe link into an open chat editbox.
In the Browser you can browse all tradeskill recipes in the game.
- Freetext search on recipe name and reagent names.
- Expand or collapse which tradeskills to show.
- Filter which recipes to show:
- If your current character knows the recipe.
- If your current character can learn the recipe now.
- If your current character will be able to learn the recipe later.
- If one of your other characters knows the recipe.
- If one of your other characters can learn the recipe now.
- If one of your other characters will be able to learn the recipe later.
- If it is not known by any of your characters.
Recipe names are colour coded in the Browser.
- White: Current character knows the recipe.
- Light Green: Current character can learn the recipe now.
- Yellow: Current character will be able to learn the recipe later.
- Grey: One of your other characters knows the recipe.
- Dark Green: One of your other characters can learn the recipe now.
- Orange: One of your other characters will be able to learn the recipe later.
- Red: Not known by any of your characters.
For items not yet cached by your WoW client, the icon will be a red question mark and clicking on it will try and to request item data from the server.
What it does not do
TradeSkillInfo is purely an informational tool and will not assist you in crafting items.
A graphical configuration window can be opened by typing "/tsi config", right-clicking on the provided "data broker" object or by binding a key in the keybindings interface.
Almost everything can be turned on or off according to your needs and preferences.
- Some Blacksmithing and Tailoring recipes added in with Patch 5.2 have not yet been added to the database.
- A couple of Jewelcrafting and Inscription recipes may appear more than once in the Browser module. This is due to how Blizzard recycles crafting "spells".
- Enchanting scroll data is incomplete.
This add-on was written in English but has been translated into other languages. It should work for everyone but I cannot guarantee completeness or accuracy of the provided translations.
If you would like to update the translations then feel free to upload a patch to a support ticket on WoWace, or if you have the know-how then you can commit the changes directly to the repository.
This project, like 99% of all add-ons hosted on WoWace, is open for free access to anyone who cares to join. The source code is open and free, and you are more than welcome to participate in the ongoing development of this project.
If you have any comments, bug reports or feature requests, please leave a comment here or open a support ticket.
About the Author
This add-on is being lovingly maintained by Ethan Centaurai, who usually plays as Ulbrecht on Ghostlands-EU.
TradeSkillInfo has been written and maintained by several authors over the years including Dys, wmrojer, and evenue.
- Date created
- Sep 05, 2008
- Last update
- Oct 22, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files