Keeps track of the location of class and profession trainers, as well as the level requirements and cost of the skills they teach. Conceived as the spiritual successor to FuBar_TrainerFu.
What's done so far:
- Store information about skills when opening a trainer windows (level requirement, rank requirement, base cost and reputation). Both profession and class trainer are supported
- Store information about trainers (name, location, reputation)
- Store information about the skills known by the current character when opening the trainer and the craft windows
- Display the number of learnable skill and the cheapest cost to learn those skills on the data broker display
- Display the list of learnable skills with the cheapest cost to learn them in the data broker tooltip
- Display the Professions skills that can be learned in the next 25 skill ranks
- Display the Class skills that can be learned in the next 5 levels
- Display the unspent talent points for primary and secondary talent specs
- Display a tooltip with the details about a skill when moussing over it in the list
- Syllabus can pretty much detect everything your character know just by inspecting the spell book and by scanning the Trade Craft windows when you open it.
- Display a tooltip with trainers' information about a skill when moussing over it in the list. You need to click on the line to toggle between skill details and trainer details.
- Option to set the level and skill rank to look ahead (instead of the 4 and 10 defaults)
- Option to filter out skill that have a base cost higher then a certain amount (default is no filter)
- Option to display the cheapest or base cost for the broker (default cheapest)
- Option not to display certain professions
- Option not to display the class skills
- NPC ID are now save for the trainers
Syllabus starts with no data. You need to visit trainers in order for it to learn stuff and display the information you want.
Cheapest cost is based on the reputation of the trainers and the reputations of the character. If a skill can be learned from Storm Wind and Iron Forge and the character is friendly with Iron Forge and Honored with Storm Wind, the cost for that skill will be marked with 10% discount.
- There is no way for Syllabus to detect that a character knows how to dual wield without visiting the class trainer.
To Do list:
Find a way to deal with requirement other then the level or the skill rank (ex. Engineering Specialization) Display Trainer information (with function to point to the closest and/or cheapest trainer) Displaying unspent talent points
- Include a precompile database
Deal with the mount trainer Option Interface(BTW, I hate doing options and I suck at it) Localization (the code to allow it is not there yet) More option to control the display (show already learned, show reputation, allow to hide lines, etc.)
How can you help?
- Be patient
- Use the tracker to report bugs
- Use the tracker to request features
- At some point, help will be needed to build the database but not quite yet.
- Localization when the code for it is included
- Any advice to make the code better is welcome
- Be patient
A thread for Syllabus has been started here.
- Date created
- Jul 05, 2009
- Last update
- May 25, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files