What is QuestAgent?
QuestAgent is a small LibDataBroker data provider that helps you track the quests of other party members. Rather than just give you brief updates about quests your party is on (like QuestsFu), QuestAgent gives you other party members' full and entire quest log, just as if you had the quests! In addition, QuestAgent fully integrates with LightHeaded if you have it installed.
With QuestAgent, pulling up a party member's quest and checking out the LightHeaded comments couldn't be easier. Just hover your mouse over the QuestAgent tooltip and click on the quest you're interested in. The QuestAgent quest log will pop up (which is nearly indistinguishable from the normal quest log), including the full description of the quest, all of it's rewards, and the LightHeaded box if you have it installed.
A LibDataBroker display add-on is required. LightHeaded is highly recommended. Other party members must have this add-on installed and you must all have the same version installed.
Comments and bug reports
- Initial quest synchronization takes a few minutes, depending on how many quests you have. Once you've done the first synchronization, quest updates are instantaneous!
- You can only see other party member's quests. I won't be extending this to guild/raid.
- All party members must be running QuestAgent, and they must be running the same version! As of r11 and later, QuestAgent will inform you if you join a party where someone else is running a later version of QuestAgent. Everyone needs to stay up to date! I recommend the Curse Client.
Features that will not be implemented
- Individual objective status and tracking. Use another add-on for this, like QuestGuru, Carbonite, or QuestsFu.
- The tooltip doesn't stay detached when you reload or log out. The tooltip library wasn't working right for me, and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it just yet.
- As of patch 3.3, the QuestAgent quest log does not implement each and every quest log feature in the main game. Examples of things QuestAgent does not implement include experience rewards and reputation rewards. The game's quest log was completely rewritten in 3.3, and QuestAgent did not mirror this rewrite.
- Date created
- Aug 03, 2008
- Last update
- Oct 10, 2012
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files