WeakAuras

MoP Beta compatibility.

• 11 posts
    #1 Jun 30, 2012 at 17:04 UTC - 0 likes

Add-ons are available since last build yesterday and since Weakauras is really essential to me and my guildies I was wondering if it's not too much trouble if you could update it's compatibility to the Beta.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Jul 03, 2012 at 01:10 UTC - 0 likes

If u want to fix it yourself, just rename:

GetTalentTabInfo → GetSpecializationInfo
        WeakAuras\Types.lua (3 hits): Line 353, Line 354, Line 355

GetPrimaryTalentTree → GetSpecialization
        WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua (1 hits): Line 1896

GetNumRaidMembers → GetNumGroupMembers
        WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua (3 hits): Line 488, Line 1579, Line 4402

GetNumPartyMembers → GetNumSubgroupMembers
        WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua (2 hits): Line 489, Line 1587

UIPanelButtonTemplate2 → UIPanelButtonTemplate (the "1" version is removed)

WeakAuras\libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua (1 hits): Line 66
      WeakAuras\libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Keybinding.lua (1 hits): Line 177
      WeakAuras\libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-MultiLineEditBox.lua (1 hits): Line 282

Or download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?fa8nc35d0qln6qa

Who knows what else they've changed in the API... but this should work for now.

#3 Jul 03, 2012 at 03:35 UTC - 0 likes

https://github.com/Milyardo/WeakAuras-Beta

Here is a git that is being updated for beta. Keep checking it for updates.

#4 Jul 05, 2012 at 18:18 UTC - 0 likes

So... here is my new and fully working version:
    https://github.com/Gragagrogog/WeakAuras-for-WoW-MoP-beta/tree/

You should no longer get solid green group borders when using "None" border texture and lua errors associated with beta api changes.
    If u get errors using your old custom functions, look up the most common issues here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_5.0.1/API_changes (also don't divide by zero).

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 by Gragagrogog: typo
    #5 Jul 11, 2012 at 16:07 UTC - 0 likes

Thank you all for your work.

#6 Jul 12, 2012 at 11:19 UTC - 0 likes

Great job so far on supporting the API Changes in MOP. (It forced me to change from Power Auras, which I have been reluctant in doing, but ultimately I needed the push to do it, so thanks).

That said, are you planning on having WA support the new talent trees similar to how the current supports the Live Talent Trees with the Load conditional? Specifically, I want certain Auras ONLY if I am spec'd into specfic talents. Right now, I have a WA for Halo and Cascade (level 90 priest talents), both auras show when "Action Usable" regardless if I am spec'd into it or not. Not sure if this is a bug with 'Action Usable" not knowing that it shouldnt trigger if the spell isnt spec'd into, or if it is just due to the support of the Talent Tree changes in MOP.

Either way, keep it up! Its appreciated.

#7 Jul 13, 2012 at 02:09 UTC - 0 likes

The best solution would be creating a new load conditional... but right now u can just add this trigger to the display(with "all triggers")

--custom trigger
    --status
    --check on events: PLAYER_ALIVE, PLAYER_TALENT_UPDATE, PLAYER_SPECIALIZATION_CHANGED

--REPLACE talentIndex WITH NUMBER 1-18 !

--show code
    function()
    	return (select(5, GetTalentInfo(talentIndex)))
    end

--hide code
    function()
    	return not (select(5, GetTalentInfo(talentIndex)))
    end

#8 Jul 18, 2012 at 11:06 UTC - 0 likes

I just found this on the beta, here's the trace : WeakAuras\WeakAuras-1.4.6.lua:1911: attempt to concatenate local "type" (a nil value) GetInstanceInfo returns "Greenstone Village", nil, 1, "Normal", 3, 0, false, 1024 when in that scenario. Same for Arena of Annihilation (with a 1031 value at the end) The error is generated when displaying the "not supported" message. By the way, i don't know if that "nil" value has any side effect on the rest of the code.

#9 Aug 05, 2012 at 08:11 UTC - 0 likes

I may add that as of latest beta build, all the code relating to the ranged slot is causing errors, including the tench part. Simply removing all the references to anything on ranged slot just solves them all, at least for me. (i only found references in WeakAura.lua and prototype.lua, nothing elsewhere)

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 by netsach: added file references
    #10 Aug 13, 2012 at 19:52 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from Gragagrogog: Go

The best solution would be creating a new load conditional... but right now u can just add this trigger to the display(with "all triggers")

--custom trigger
    --status
    --check on events: PLAYER_ALIVE, PLAYER_TALENT_UPDATE, PLAYER_SPECIALIZATION_CHANGED

--REPLACE talentIndex WITH NUMBER 1-18 !

--show code
    function()
    	return (select(5, GetTalentInfo(talentIndex)))
    end

--hide code
    function()
    	return not (select(5, GetTalentInfo(talentIndex)))
    end

Right now I have just been manually turning the aura on/off when I spec into . (ie. I have spells that I gain from speccing certain ways... Halo, Divine Star, Cascade)

#11 Aug 27, 2012 at 20:32 UTC - 0 likes

There is an option in the version for MoP beta to only load an aura when in a particular talent spec. It seems to only unload the aura after logging off and back on again though. It loads it fine when you switch specs but I still have to do the log off and on deal because switching specs leaves you with massive lag and has been happening with every beta build so far.

• 11 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!