WeakAuras

Text alert - Countdown

• 4 posts
    #1 Aug 12, 2011 at 04:51 UTC - 0 likes

Is there a way to make a text alert contain a custom countdown timer using the %c script in the display text box?

Basically, I have a custom trigger that pops up a 3s prewarning based off a DBM timer bar. I wanted to see if there was a script that could countdown from 3 when the custom trigger activates the weakaura.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dCrMiQeqqaY

Last edited Aug 12, 2011 by HolycritSuramar
    #2 Sep 05, 2011 at 09:10 UTC - 0 likes

Currently not *sadface*

I'll add it to the todo list (tickets) though, since it seems to be a popular request...

EDIT: I was thinking about an audio countdown there, if you only want to have a visual countdown, you can use the custom hide function. If you set it to auto (or was it called timed?) you can specify a delay that the trigger will be shown. Than just use "&p" as text.

Last edited Sep 05, 2011 by CommanderSirow
    #3 Sep 11, 2011 at 08:07 UTC - 0 likes

:( Still, keep up the good work :)

Well the trigger linked in that video is a custom trigger/untrigger based off a DBM timer Lua script. If i have it custom trigger/untrigger multiple weakauras on the same spell ID timer, it has a tendency to get screwy - especially that close together.

As a side note, I tried making a %c text trigger and making a little Lua timer... I wound up breaking weakauras and had to delete my weakauras.lua in the saved variables folder :( /wa would not work, and it would just display a timer bar with an "error" text.

I have other timers setup that give audio countdowns for non-custom trigger weakauras with timed hide, and they work fantastic. Its just the custom ones that get screwed up.

#4 Sep 11, 2011 at 09:00 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from HolycritSuramar: Go

Well the trigger linked in that video is a custom trigger/untrigger based off a DBM timer Lua script. If i have it custom trigger/untrigger multiple weakauras on the same spell ID timer, it has a tendency to get screwy - especially that close together.

Could you explain that in more detail? Perhaps some export string? :)

• 4 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!