WeakAuras

Animation Options

• 4 posts
    #1 May 01, 2011 at 09:46 UTC - 0 likes

I was wondering if we can have some animation options for the preset animations.

In general I think some sort of slider for tween time would be quite useful. Maybe some sort of scale slider also, to enlarge/reduce the animation 'size'.

Not really hugely necessary but nice to haves. In my case I have a 'low mana' warning that pulses while it is active. I'd love to scale it so the pulse goes from normal size to 300%, over like 3 seconds instead of just the little jiggle it does at the moment. I have other such examples but that's sort of the extreme.

Maybe also a checkbox along the lines of 'Ghost animation', whereby the original icon stays in place but a secondary copy is the one that is animated. Thus I can have an icon with a pulsing 'aura' around it, without needing two icons with the same trigger, one static and one with a pulse animation.

Just throwing that out there for consideration rather than opening a ticket for it. Can do if needed though.

#2 May 01, 2011 at 11:02 UTC - 0 likes

If you want to change the parameters of your animation, just use the Custom option!

As for the Ghost animation idea, I think it's an interesting concept, but it would require making a duplicate copy of the display to be the ghost, which would take some... Doing. But it's certainly possible. I'll create a ticket for it, for my own organization.

#3 May 01, 2011 at 13:40 UTC - 0 likes

Ah wow, a load of options I never realised were there, doh!

Thanks Mirrormn, that's exactly what I wanted. For some reason I never selected Custom in the dropdown, I think I expected it to be a custom function type deal.

And thanks for picking up the Ghost animation. Hopefully it's not too much trouble to implement.

Cheers :)

#4 May 01, 2011 at 18:52 UTC - 0 likes

@RabidMax: Go

Well you *can* specify custom pathing/application functions for your animations, too, but that requires enabling a Custom option *within* the top-level Custom animation configuration.

• 4 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!