Simple and light-weight tracking of profession links and recipes for all your alts and friends. Tooltip enhancements and AH/merchant coloring for professions-related recipes and items - ideal for recipe collecting, profession leveling, and any serious crafting.
Profession list features
- ProfessionsVault automatically records and saves the profession links of all your alts
- Easily allows saving any professions linked from friends or guildies into your database
- Provides one-click access to the Trade Skill UI of any toon's profession.
- Supports easily posting links of your toon's professions to any chat
- Data is shared between all your toons on the realm, including cross-faction
- Comes pre-loaded with links to fully-stocked professions
- Enhances recipe tooltips with info about which characters can learn the pattern
- Colors recipes in the Auction House display to indicate which characters can learn the pattern
- Colors recipes in the Merchant (vendor) window display to indicate which characters can learn them.
- Automated scan allows your bank character to scan the AH for recipes learnable by any alt.
- Customizable recipe coloring and character name coloring
- Enhances crafted item tooltips with info about which characters or professions can craft them
- Super-fast performance and tiny memory usage (see below)
- Includes an LDB broker with easy access to your professions, supports Fubar or Titan Panel, or can be used stand-alone
- Based on the Ace3 Addon Framework
- Enables the "link" button on all profession windows (default UI just has it for your own)
- Integrates nicely with other profession-related addons such as Ackis Recipe List, Skillet, Advanced Trade Skill Window and Gnomeworks
- Open the PV window using the minimap icon, LDB launcher or by typing "/pv show" on the command line.
- PV window shows all the saved professions for your character, any alts on the same account running PV, and any profession links you've saved.
- PV window also includes links to fully-stocked professions (ie containing every recipe)
- Data update happens automatically whenever you open a trade skill window, or you can update them all at any time using the "Scan my Professions" button. PV will automatically update when you learn a recipe or skill up.
- Config button can be used to configure tooltip/coloring integration.
- To save any profession link into PV (eg whispered from a friend or in trade), just open the link and press the new "Save" button that appears at the bottom of the Trade Skill UI. The same technique can be used to merge profession data from a second account (dual-boxing).
ProfessionsVault is designed from the ground up with optimal performance in mind.
Why should you care about addon performance? In a word, SPEED. Nobody wants to be stuck watching a game loading screen for two minutes every time they switch characters while their addons swap hugely bloated databases back and forth from the hard drive. Nobody wants their entire game to freeze for 60 seconds each time they open a profession to cut a gem or do an enchant while their professions addon laboriously pounds the server cache to scan every last recipe.
Unlike most professions-related addons, ProfessionsVault is the first fully-featured profession management addon that works by saving only the LINKS to the professions, not the contents - consequently, profession "scanning" is instant (ie never delays the opening of profession windows), and the memory footprint is very tiny - under 400k for the whole addon with a fully populated database (ie doesn't increase login/logout times). In tech speak, the space consumption and time utilization of most addons grows at least LINEARLY with the number of trade skill recipes (times the number of professions and the number of characters), whereas ProfessionsVault's space/time consumption is a small CONSTANT for each profession. The difference is relatively minor when you have only one character with apprentice professions, but rapidly becomes very noticeable when you have several characters with grand master professions and hundreds of recipes each.
Bug Reports and Feature Requests
Please use the WowAce ticket system for any bug reports or feature requests. Bug reports in comments will be deleted.
Apply localization updates or fixes at http://www.wowace.com/addons/professionsvault/localization/
- next96 (Korean)
- Freydis88 (German)
- alpha2009 (Chinese zhTW)
- zhTW (Chinese zhTN)
- D_Angel (Russian)
- Valdesca (Spanish esES)
- ChtiClem (French)
- bacco82 (Portuguese)
- <Fables> on US-Antonidas for lots of testing help and suggestions
- Drkestshadow on US-Antonidas for various testing help and suggestions
- Date created
- Oct 27, 2010
- Last update
- May 24, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files