What steps will reproduce the problem?
0. Enable the oRA3 option "Set the loot method automatically when joining a group" and set it to Master Loot for Raid group
1. Invite someone and create a raid group, or get promoted to lead
2. Note that oRA3 correctly sets the loot method
3. Now manually change the loot method back to group (/group)
4. Invite another player to the raid (or remove one)
5. oRA3 once again changes the loot method, overriding my manual setting, even though all that has changed is a group member joined or left
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Old behavior of oRA3 would only apply the loot method when you FIRST become group leader, essentially altering the Blizzard default but allowing you to manually change it to something else for the current raid without interference.
I frequently lead guild raids where I usually want it on ML, but occasionally I lead a PuG group where I want to set Group Loot and not have oRA3 fighting me every time some PuG joins or leaves group. Currently I have to open the oRA3 options and disable the auto loot option for the duration of that raid, but then I forget to re-enable it later, ultimately defeating the point of this feature IMHO.
What version of the product are you using?
Do you have an error log of what happened?
Please provide any additional information below.
Would really like the old behavior where it only adjusts the loot method when I first create the group and/or become lead (or in the case of Flex, when the instance group is first created with me as lead). One solution may be to just add a boolean flag to only adjust the loot method at most once per group (ie apply loot method when I first become lead and then not again until i leave group and join a new one), thus allowing manual overrides of loot method to remain unhindered.
- 2 comments
- Last updated
- Feb 16, 2014
- Jan 14, 2014
- Fixed - Developer made requested changes. QA should verify.
- Defect - A shortcoming, fault, or imperfection
- Medium - Normal priority.