Masque (Formerly ButtonFacade) is a dynamic button skinning add-on.
- Browse to your add-ons folder. This should be located at World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns.
- Remove any existing Masque and/or ButtonFacade folders.
- Download the package.
- Extract or copy the contents of the package to your add-ons folder, exactly as they appear in the package.
- Log into the game. At the character select screen, click the Addons button and make sure that both ButtonFacade and Masque are enabled.
IMPORTANT: The package contains both a ButtonFacade add-on and the main Masque add-on. Both must be installed in order for Masque to be compatible with older add-ons.
- Access the options panel via the /msq or /masque chat commands, or the Interface Options Window.
- Why the name change?
Let's face it, "ButtonFacade" was long and ugly. "Masque"' is shorter, more descriptive and tons sexier.
- Will my stuff break?
Absolutely. I suggest not throwing it against concrete walls and the like. As far as add-ons go, most should work; or at least not throw errors. Some "features" implemented by add-ons may not work as they used to until the authors get a chance to update them.
- Add-on X is outdated and doesn't work with Masque anymore. Can you fix it?
No. If an author stopped development of an add-on, it's probably best that you find a replacement. I will not maintain special compatibility code for add-ons that aren't being maintained.
- Masque is installed but <add-on> isn't showing up in Masque's options. What's wrong?
Since ButtonFacade was renamed to Masque, I had to include a compatibility add-on to ensure that Masque was loaded correctly. This add-on is called "ButtonFacade" and replaces the previous version. If, for some reason, this add-on is not installed correctly or is not enabled, Masque will not be able to skin any add-on that hasn't been updated and that is alphabetically before it in the add-on list. To resolve this issue:
Make sure any previous version of ButtonFacade has been removed. Install Masque. The Curse Client will install the "ButtonFacade" add-on correctly. Log into the game. At the character select screen, click the "Addons" button and make sure that both "Masque" and "ButtonFacade" are enabled.
Make sure any previous version of ButtonFacade has been removed. Extract the contents of the zip file to your add-ons directory exactly as they appear in the zip file. Log into the game. At the character select screen, click the "Addons" button and make sure that both "Masque" and "ButtonFacade" are enabled.
- I created a skin for Masque. Now what?
Upload your skin to either WoW Interface or Curse and then post a link to the skin on this page.
Masque's documentation can be found here.
If you would like to help translate Masque, please use the localization system.
- Date created
- Sep 16, 2008
- Last update
- Mar 26, 2013
- Development stage
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files