The icon locations of quests on the main map are often completely wrong, and magically change position simply by left-clicking somewhere on the map (yes really!). After left-clicking, the icons are in the correct spots/locations.
See the two screenshots I've uploaded. The different between the 1st and 2nd screenshot is literally that I've left-clicked somewhere randomly on the map -- nothing else was done.
How I reproduce the problem:
1. Get some quests in Dragonblight (or possibly somewhere else, not sure of the scope/scale of impact)
2. Press "M" to view the map
3. I happened to be in Dalaran at the time, so I right-clicked twice (once to zoom out of Dalaran, and again to zoom out of Crystalsong Forest)
4. Left-clicked on the Dragonblight region
5. Took 1st screenshot
6. Left-clicked a random location on the map
7. Took 2nd screenshot
I can reproduce this problem 100% reliably. It may only happen in Northrend, I'm not sure. Disabling Mapster fixes/addresses the problem. I do not have any quest-tracking addons or other addons which should conflict with Mapster, but here's the list I'm using right now:
- Ackis Recipe List
- Annoying Chat Fade
- Fishing Buddy
- 2 comments