Addon Support Statement
Hello everyone. I'm no longer actively playing World of Warcraft (and haven't for many months). I'm looking for someone to take over maintenance of my addons. If you're interested, and have at least one released addon, send me a message at email@example.com
What is Magic Looter?
Magic Looter is an addon to make master looting easier to manage. Specifically it will automatically loot Bind on Equip or non-binding items to people of your choosing. There are two recipient lists - bank items and disenchanting. Every time you open the loot windows, Magic Looter will scan the items and using the predefined lists will send the item to the appropriate recipient. If none of the players on the predefined list are available as loot recipients, the item will be looted to yourself.
Note that this is only useful for master looting. It doesn't do anything if there is another loot method use. Also note that it is primarily designed to work with uncommon loot threshold, it can be used with any threshold. However the higher the threshold, the lower the value of the addon.
Is that it?
No, there's also an optional addon that replaces the Master Loot menu. It adds class sorted looting (instead of group based), random roll tracking and quick looting to self, disenchanter or banker. There's also an option to start a new DKP bid (that hooks into MagicDKP Bidder). Looting done via the addon will also be recorded in MagicDKP if present.
Why do I need this?
I wrote this because my guild collect all greens for disenchanting, later used to provide free enchants to raiders, and I got tired of manually distribute master loot items.
It is likely we'll see the return of both epic gems, BoE patterns and BoE crafting materials in future WotLK raids which greatly will increase the value of the addon.
Early production. Auto-loot and master loot functionality works great.
New in r32:
- Updated toc and repackaged.
New in r30:
- LootMenu: Don't register looted items with MagicDKP or announce it when not in a group.
New in r29:
- LootMenu: Fixed errors that could occur if you logged in while in a raid or party.
New in r27:
- LootMenu: Fixed incorrect placement of clear() method and added an event listener for OPEN_MASTER_LOOT_LIST.
- Fixed library load order to prevent error from LibDBIcon.
New in r25:
- Core: Fixed 'item bind on' checking for color blind mode.
- Bumped TOC to 3.1.
- Fixed config issue.
New in r21:
- LootMenu: Don't report looted items unless they are actually looted (or when the loot window is closed).
New in r20:
- Made an accidental global function local.
New in r19:
- Throttle raid update event with a 10s timer.
- Hide offline raid members from the loot dropdown.
- Correctly remove people / classes from the dropdown list when they leave the raid/party.
New in r17:
- Added optional loot confirmation dialog to LootMenu.
- Added an optional DKP Roll menu (it can be used together with MagicDKP Bidder or as a simple raid chat notification of a bid).
- Made the auto looting in the base MagicLooter addon optional.
- Fixed raid scanning issue.
- Removed the DKPBidder addon. Make sure to delete MagicLooter_DKPBidder! It is not functional nor supported.
New in r10:
- Added master loot menu replacement (note - disable XLootMaster before using this addon)
- Added addon to handle DKP bidding (currently requires the master loot menu addon).
- Added toggle to disable auto looting in MagicLooter.
- Removed invalid use of MagicComm.
AddOn developnent updates:
If you want to get the latest news of new AddOn releases or work in progress, subscribe to my Twitter feed.
- Date created
- Mar 05, 2009
- Last update
- Sep 15, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Magic Looter
- Recent files