LibDBLayers-1.0 manages the SavedVariables of your addon.
- Difference between LibDBLayers and AceDB:
- No metatables. Settings for an object are flattened into a single table.
- Settings can be shared per account (global), class, or spec (custom).
- It offers support for defaults, and a layered hierarchy of settings.
- It is designed to have verbose layered settings in your AddonOptionsDB which is only loaded and used when setting up defaults or changing options.
- The layered settings are flattenned into single compact tables for each object in your AddonDB
- Support for versioning
- Iterate through the character/spec setup and create create your objects and assign their flattened dbx from AddonDB.objects to them.
- Dereference myObject: myObject.dbx.mySavedVariable1 etc.
First time use
- The lod options of your mod gets loaded
- AddonDB and AddonOptionsDB are created
- Default settings for the current character are added.
- An obsolete version causes MyAddonOptions (+ any MyAddonPlugin1Options etc.) to load.
- The new options are added (if possible)
Note this is still under development and currently guided by Grid2 needs.
- Date created
- Oct 25, 2009
- Last update
- Apr 15, 2010
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Recent files