This project is discontinued
Due to various time constraints on my side and the interface/gameplay changes in Cataclysm regarding absorb effects, I can no longer actively develop or support this library. The healing game has changed considerably, making cumulative absorb tracking a lot less useful than it was in the days of Wrath of the Lich King, and it can be tracked now easily for specific effects just using the Blizzard UI. In generel the code still works, although it would require some small adjustments for the current combat log format. If anyone is interested in continuing this project, please let me know.
AbsorbsMonitor is a library that monitors and exports all ongoing absorb effects in your vicinity. It can handle different effects like Anti-Magic Shell, Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis at the same time on the same target, as long as there is enough data to calculate the absorb values on creation.
In its core it consists of a framework to easily implement any spell, talent, proc or item that uses an absorb effect and then export this data to display it in a unit/raid frame or similar.
In the future this data can also be used to make precise statistics about the amount absorbed, which attack was absorbed, how much absorb value was wasted and so on.
Among other things, this library is implemented in these addons to actually display the absorb values:
- ShieldFrames: Powerful and customizeable UI to display any absorb effect as a collection of bars.
- GridStatusAbsorbsMonitor: Grid status module to display the remaining absorb value in a Grid status
- AbsorbsViewer: A simple addon used for debugging and to demonstrate how to use the values exported by AbsorbsMonitor. Note that this addon no longer gets packaged, but you can still find it in the repository.
- All spells that report absorb values in combat log, most others as well as all items supported (see list)
- Mage spells are currently NOT supported. They do not report in combat log and require complete new code to calculate the values
- Multiple effects of the same spells like it can happen now in Cataclysm for Divine Aegis and Illuminated Healing WILL cause wrong numbers. The integrated self-correction will be able to adjust this in realtime thanks to the combat log reporting.
- It is not possible to reasonable support Power Word: Barrier at the moment, since the aura gain is not reported in the combat log.
- Realtime stats sharing: Shares informations like spell power, attack power and talents with other users of AbsorbsMonitor in a party/raid
- Statistics about absorb effects: how much, what broke it, what is wasted, ...
Limits of Accuracy
Given the new combat log reports in Cataclysm, the values for the most common absorb effects like Power Word: Shield, Divine Aegis and Illuminated Healing as well as specialized effects like Savage Defense and Anti-Magic Shell are 100% accurate. Sadly this does not apply to the warlock and mage spells, as well as the Death Knight Blood mastery and many item effects
Special thanks to my guild and friends on EU-Frostmane for countless hours of testing game mechanics.
- Date created
- Aug 05, 2010
- Last update
- May 29, 2011
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Recent files