Handy Notes for your maps. This addon is intended to be a small and simple replacement for Cartographer_Notes and functions in a similar manner.
Use /handynotes to access options.
You can add notes to the maps in 3 ways:
- Alt-RightClick on the world map to add a note.
- Use "/hnnew" without the quotes to add a note at your current location.
- Use "/hnnew x,y" without the quotes to add a note at location x,y on your current zone's map.
NOTE: At the time of writing, HandyNotes v1.4.x does not work when Carbonite is installed. Please report this to the Carbonite authors if you want to see it get resolved, thanks!
HandyNotes supports plugins that other authors can write to display their own set of notes on the map. See this link for a list of such addons: http://www.wowace.com/search/?search=handynotes
Changes from v1.2.0 to v1.4.0
- HandyNotes now uses HereBeDragons-1.0 instead of the unmaintained Astrolabe
- Plugins which referenced Astrolabe directly should be updated, and ideally not require anything the HandyNotes API does not provide
- New HandyNotes API function: HN:GetContinentZoneList(mapFile), retrieve a list of zones inside a continent (Z -> mapID hash table)
Changes from v1.1.6 to v1.2.0
- Fix HandyNotes to use Astrolabe-1.0 instead of Astrolabe-0.4.
- Place the New Handy Note dialog box above the World Map by parenting to it if the World Map is open.
- Add a 6th optional return value "dungeonLevel" to the pluginHandler:GetNodes() API. This value is used if it is different from the input dungeonLevel, similar to the 2nd return's "mapFile".
- HandyNotes plugin authors will need to be update their plugins to use Astrolabe-1.0 and its new API that has changed from using (C, Z) pairs to (mapID, level) pairs. HandyNotes has provided some additional functions to help with this (these functions will not work for instance and BG maps):
Changes from v1.1.5 to v1.1.6
- Update TOC Interface to 40000.
- Add optional AddonLoader delayed load support.
- Use latest version of Ace3 and Astrolabe libraries.
Changes from v1.1.4 to v1.1.5
- Use latest version of Astrolabe library which has Hrothgar's Landing data.
- Play nice with Carbonite which is trying to fake as being Cartographer.
- Add HandyNotes to the Blizzard Interface Addon Options too.
- When quest objectives are enabled, the HandyNotes icons on the world map will now show their tooltips again on mouseover.
- When creating or editing a note on a map with dungeon levels, you may now choose which dungeon level the note appears in or choose to have it appear on ALL dungeon levels.
- HandyNotes will now pass as 3rd parameter the dungeon map level when it calls pluginHandler:GetNodes(mapFile, minimap, dungeonLevel). Existing user notes in HandyNotes will still display on all dungeon map levels, but new notes will be level specific.
- Remove compatibility code with all WoW versions earlier than patch 3.1.
- Convert to use wowace localization system at http://www.wowace.com/addons/handynotes/localization/
- Notes without a title will now show "(No Title)" as the tooltip title rather than have no tooltip on mouseover.
- Add the ability to create/change/copy/delete profiles in HandyNotes. HandyNotes was already using Ace3 profiles, just that this wasn't exposed.
- Add ability to enable and disable plugins from showing on the map in the HandyNotes options.
- Add a wider range of icons to select from.
- Date created
- Aug 07, 2008
- Last update
- Sep 03, 2015
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files