What is Grid2 ?
Grid2 is a party/raid unit frame addon.
Grid2 is completely customizable. You can create new "zones" (indicators) in unit frames to show information (statuses). The indicators can be created, customized and placed anywhere. Grid2 supports several types of indicators: icon, square, text and bar. You can configure what statuses are displayed on each indicator.
Grid2 includes a huge amount of available statuses, but not all enabled be default, look through the configuration and familiarize yourself with the available options and statuses.
Grid2 is fast: consumes between 4 and 10 times less CPU cycles than other similar addons.
To open the configuration UI type "/grid2", left-click the DataBroker icon launcher or use WoW addons list window.
Grid2 package includes:
- Grid2 Options
- Grid2 Raid Debuffs
- Grid2 Raid Debuffs Options
- Grid2 LDB
- Grid2 Aoe Heals
There are not working plugins for latest versions (but the functionality of most plugins has been included in core). Currently the only working addon plugins are:
Grid2 does not work or I think I found a bug
- Update to the latest versions of Grid2 and the plugins listed above that you use.
- Remove old Grid2 plugins and components. Any addon that begins with the word "Grid2" not listed above (in Grid2 components and Working plugins sections) is not compatible with current Grid2 version. Delete it from your computer.
- Make sure you downloaded the mods WITH libs. nolib is not for you.
- Reset your Saved Variables, pasting into chat: /script Grid2DB = nil; ReloadUI()
- If you still get an error, go ahead and log it. Install and use the BugGrabber and BugSack mods to record the error and make it easy to cut and paste it.
- Then, Post a ticket. Check for existing tickets about your bug first. Remember to check back on your ticket later in case we need more information.
Grid2 Doesn't Load after Update
If you are updating Grid2 from r560 or older version, you must reset your saved variables (you will lose all your settings), you must see a message in chat window explaining how to reset saved variables.
Raid debuffs not showing up !!!:
Raid debuffs are not enabled by default. Go to statuses -> Raid Debuffs and enable at least the Cataclysm module (if you are inside a instance you must exit and enter the instance or reload the UI after enabling the module)
I cant push the grid boxes as close together as before:
The border indicator has 2 pixels size and it has a transparent background color now. If you want the old grid2 appearance. Goto Indicators -> border -> Layout tab: Set a border size 1. And select a black and opaque background color for the border.
What about mana bars ?
Grid2 supports mana bars, but they are not created by default. If you want mana bars, create a new indicator of type "bar", place it wherever you want and map the "mana" or the "power" status to it (remember you must map some color status to the bar:color indicator too).
What is the poweralt status ?
Poweralt status is a power type (like mana/rage/energy,etc). This power type is enabled by Wow in some combats. It shows: Atremedes sound, Chog'al corruption, etc. This status is not active by default in Grid2: you must map poweralt to any compatible indicator (text or bar indicator).
Grid2 is compatible with English, Deutsch, Español, Français, Русский, 한국어, and 正體中文 game clients.
Grid2 is fully translated into English, Español and Italiano, and semi-translated into Russian, Deutsh and Français (Help would be greatly appreciated to complete localizations)
The beta versions have fairly functional preferences. Grid2 is neither complete, fully fleshed out, nor bug free.
- The core engine is quite functional, release quality.
- The options UI in terms of defaults is solid, and beta / release quality.
- The options UI in terms of editing is beta / release quality
- If this works for you then use it, if not use classic Grid.
- For the foreseeable future the code will sometimes change in ways that require a complete reset of saved variables (SV) + UI reload. Resetting SV should be the first thing to try in case you get an error from Grid2.
- This really is beta software. Please update to the latest versions of all Grid2 components listed above before logging a bug.
- If you are not comfortable with an update requiring you to set things up again from scratch then you probably should use another raid frame.
What is Different
- The focus is on performance. No more AceOO with deep call chains for example.
- All Config is load on demand so it does not interfere with regular use of Grid2.
- Indicators are separate from Statuses and reusable and placeable anywhere in a single grid cell.
- Non-unique indicators (icon, square, text, etc.) can be created in whatever quantities you need.
What to Expect
Jerry wrote the core runtime. This is quite mature and functional.
Toadkiller (Azethoth) wrote an initial version of the Grid2 config. It is and will be in a primitive state for some time to come as I have joined a startup and am unlikely to do much coding. Volunteers needed.
The current version has decent and quite full featured defaults for healers. Defaults for non healers is still a work in progress.
- The infrastructure for Status plugins is the most mature. Authors of Status plugins can port their plugins now or wait for an official beta. There is no documentation, but lots of example code in the current set.
- It is probably possible to create Indicators at this point as well. See the Grid2IndicatorButton code for an example.
- Other plugin types still need to be fleshed out with good examples and support code.
- Post in the forums if you need help.
- Date created
- Oct 07, 2008
- Last update
- Sep 17, 2013
- Development stage
- zlib/libpng License
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files