What is the feature you'd like to see added to Grid?
ATM, there is a nifty API to easily add new status plugin but there is no way to add new indicators. Couldn't some kind of API be added to easily add new indicators to Grid unit frames ? They could be submodule of GridFrame.
Why do you think this feature should be added to the Grid core instead of a plugin?
Right now, there are several indicators plugins around there. Looking at their code, they are all "shoehorning" themselves into GridFrame, using hooksecurefunc and messing with/using its internal variables and methods, which makes them very dependent on GridFrame internals (hence the breakage when it was ported from Ace2 to Ace3). Having an API for those plugins would also help to:
- ease the writing of those plugins,
- limit the impact of internal changes on these plugins (and conversely),
- and possibly make them more efficient.
|Phanx||Nov 11, 2014 at 03:19 UTC||Changed status from Declined to Fixed|
|Phanx||Jan 06, 2011 at 06:29 UTC||Changed status from Accepted to Declined|
|Phanx||Nov 17, 2010 at 06:05 UTC||Changed status from New to Accepted|
|Phanx||Nov 16, 2010 at 21:01 UTC||Changed assigned to from Pastamancer to Phanx|
|Adirelle||Nov 15, 2010 at 14:03 UTC||Create|
- 5 comments
- Last updated
- Nov 11, 2014
- Nov 15, 2010
- Fixed - Developer made requested changes. QA should verify.
- Enhancement - A change which is intended to better the project in some way
- Medium - Normal priority.