What is the feature you'd like to see added to Grid?
ATM, there is a nifty API to easily add new status plugin but there is no way to add new indicators. Couldn't some kind of API be added to easily add new indicators to Grid unit frames ? They could be submodule of GridFrame.
Why do you think this feature should be added to the Grid core instead of a plugin?
Right now, there are several indicators plugins around there. Looking at their code, they are all "shoehorning" themselves into GridFrame, using hooksecurefunc and messing with/using its internal variables and methods, which makes them very dependent on GridFrame internals (hence the breakage when it was ported from Ace2 to Ace3). Having an API for those plugins would also help to:
- ease the writing of those plugins,
- limit the impact of internal changes on these plugins (and conversely),
- and possibly make them more efficient.
- 5 comments
- Last updated
- Mar 30, 2012
- Nov 15, 2010
- Declined - We decided not to take action on this ticket.
- Enhancement - A change which is intended to better the project in some way
- Medium - Normal priority.