Displays a fully configurable fighter jet style Heads Up Display (HUD) while flying, riding, or swimming.
Q: Can altitude/elevation be displayed?
A: No. Blizzard doesn't provide the ability for addons to get z-axis information.
- Shows your current heading in degrees as text and as a graphic with cardinal points relative to the mimimap.
- Shows the true pitch of your character. This is no longer a hack, as patch 3.0.2 added GetPlayerPitch(), an API call that returns a character's true pitch. Before patch 3.0.2, the camera pitch was used, and the pitch display was not accurate unless you always kept your camera behind your character.
- Shows map coordinates.
- Shows your true speed, horizontal speed, or both, as a percentage, where a normally running character is 100%, or as yards per second, or both.
- Configurable transparency of the text and graphics.
- Configurable transparency of the background.
- Configurable size of the text.
- Configurable size of the pitch graphic.
- Configurable frame size.
- Movable frame. Hold control while hovering the mouse over the frame and left click drag to move it.
- Waypoints. (Configurable Alt/Shift/Ctrl/Combination)-rightclick on the map to add a waypoint. Multiple waypoints are supported. Waypoints appear in the HUD and float as you pan. Each point shows the distance and bearing to the point, plus an ETA if you're moving.
- Waypoints can now be made persistent and configured to show only in the zones they're created in.
- Waypoints can be deleted by right clicking on them in the world map or mimi map.
- QuestHelper integration: See the default QuestHelper quest as a persistent waypoint.
- Blizzard POI (Point of Interest) integration: (modifier)-click a POI on the map to set it, and subsequently unset it, as a waypoint. The modifier can be set in the config.
- Automatic quest tracking waypoints in the HUD.
- Arrival sound: Set a sound to be played upon arrival at a waypoint.
- Keybind to toggle level flight. (Simply toggles pitchlimit from 0 to 88 and back. Still have to pitch up or down for pitch to be 0 once pitchlimit is 0)
- Add an odometer.
- Editable, movable waypoints.
- Add an interface to manage waypoints. (Can't delete a POI waypoint when it no longer appears on the map)
- HUD frame skins to make it look like a real fighter HUD.
- Configurable locations of text and graphics within the parent frame. Perhaps at some point make them detachable.
- Fix the waypoint adding text on the map. Seems this stopped working at some point.
- There's been a pervasive bug that would completely hang the client. I've known about this bug for about 2 years now, but I've never been able to consistently reproduce it, and therefore, debugging has always been non-trivial. If you experience the game client completely hanging after zoning (a portal, a zone instance, teleporting directly to a dungeon, a summon), please report a bug. To get around the bug, disable the "Quest POI Integration" in "Waypoint Options" in the FlightHUD config. This option is now disabled by default.
- Please post bug reports here. While I monitor the comments on curse.com, it makes my life easier if bugs are reported in the wowace bug tracker.
- Date created
- Feb 27, 2008
- Last update
- Sep 10, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Curse link
- Recent files