Display an arrow that points to a raid/party member anchored to raid frames.
- Shows an arrow that anchors to a unit frame and points to a party member, raid member, or target.
- Shows the distance to the unit.
- Configurable arrow: Size, opacity, relative anchor point, update frequency.
- Configurable distance text color, size, and drop shadow color.
- Key binding for sticky targeting. Arrow always points at the specified unit frame when sticky.
- Known to work with:
- The default UI
- Shadowed Unit Frames
- Add more arrow graphics.
- Make it so tracking continues on the unit it was last on when the raid/party composition changes.
- Add support for vehicles.
- Add support for only tracking units that are out of range.
Due to how the API works, namely GetPlayerMapPosition(), the arrow will stop tracking if the tracked unit changes zones, changes dungeon levels, or is too far away in the same zone/dungeon. This function doesn't return anything for players in arenas.
- This code is perfect, of course!
- Please post bug reports here. While I monitor the comments on curse.com, it makes my life easier if bugs are reported in the wowace bug tracker.
Watch for the arrow as the mouse hovers over the raid frames:
Here's a more recent video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3VTICHu7Ec
This was the first prototype: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaY0PiG6CdE
- 6 comments
- Date created
- Mar 14, 2010
- Last update
- Oct 16, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Recent files