All localization entries must be added to the WoW Ace localization application. When the addon is packaged, the localization strings are taken from the application and added to the code.
- single and double words are just fine, anything longer should have a tag
- tag name rules:
- tags should be ALL_CAPITAL_LETTERS with words separated with _'s
- descriptions are typically used in tooltips and header in sections
- short descriptions will end in _DESC
- long descriptions will end in _LONG
- don't include the object being described in the name (no _TOGGLE or _TT) since it can be used several times to describe different objects (in theory)
- group related elements together, either by their location in the GUI/config, or by purpose (Weapon categories, etc)
Please visit this page to see all the different localization contributions.