CastYeller2 allows the player to make chat announces in response to various game events.
For each announce, the player defines :
- the names of spells, items and/or auras to watch,
- the events to watch (sources and triggers they propose),
- where to send the announce (outputs),
- optionally: per event custom announce templates.
Events and outputs can be disabled globally.
A configuration guide is being written.
- Auras: send events when the player gains/loses buffs and when he/she applies debuffs.
- Cooldowns: send events at start and end of spell and items cooldowns.
- Spellcasts: send events related to spell casting : start of casting, successful instant cast, failures, misses.
- Whisper: whisper the announce the target (except the player himself),
- Chat broadcast: broadcast the announce to various chats, including party, raid, channel, yell and say,
- Visual: display the announce using UI text areas like Blizzard error message, Blizzard floating combat text, ScrollingCombatText, MikScrollingBattleText or Parrot area, depending on what you installed.
- Custom channel: broadcast the announce to specific channel. This channel is defined separately for each announce.
Castyeller2 comes with several predefined announces for each class. You edit them or use them as example to create new announces.
Please notice several of them are restricted to combat so you cannot test them when your toon is not in combat.
Differences between CastYeller and CastYeller2
CastYeller2 is a complete rewrite of the CastYeller addon.
- modular design to allow to create additional announce sources and/or sinks,
- announce cooldown and aura events in addition to spellcasts,
- anything is user-configurable, including custom announces.
Bug reports and feedback
- Date created
- May 04, 2009
- Last update
- Jun 13, 2011
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Recent files