Update: I am rewriting CastYeller from scratch. The new version is in beta stage. It lacks some feature yet but it is ready for testing. Please take a look at CastYeller2.
CastYeller (CY) is aimed at replacing spell announcing macros. It comes with a little set of spell and events to announce. It is configurable via the slash command (/cy).
You can select:
- which spells to announce (depending on your class),
- which events to announce:
- Casting starts (for non-instant spells),
- Casting of instant spells,
- Casting failures,
- Spell misses.
- which channels to announce to:
- Battleground chat,
- Party chat,
- Raid chat,
- Whisper (for targeted spells),
- Raid warning,
- User-defined chat channel.
Things you have to know
There are some things that you cannot configure but that you should be aware of :
- CastYeller is disabled when soloing,
- Each spell has its own set of events, channels and conditions. You can only disable some of them, not add new ones.
- A lot of announces use the pseudo-channel "broadcast". It is resolved dynamically :
- If you're in a battleground, announces will be send to battleground chat (or dropped if it is disabled),
- If you're in a raid, announces will be send to raid chat (or dropped if it is disabled),
- If you're in a party, announces will be send to party chat (or dropped if it is disabled).
- You can customize this feature with an option.