After every patch there are often a variety of bugs that crop up in the WoW UI. Many of them go largely unnoticed by users. AddOn authors have often made small addons to fix these problems. This addon intends to create a single installation for users that include whatever fixes the community can come up with for UI problems. As new issues and workarounds are discovered they will be added. As old issues get fixed they will be removed. Users benefit by having a single addon they can just keep updated to get the fixes. Blizzard benefits by having a single addon to look for our workarounds to their problems and hopefully things get fixed sooner.
Current fixes include:
- Fix the API to open to an addon's configuration category to actually open to it and scroll to it.
- Fix the PetJournal drag buttons cannot be clicked to link a pet into chat
- The translation for time abbreviations for a single letter in the German Locale is wrong and are 3 letters. Put them back to a single letter. (Half fixed by 4.0.1)
- Fix taint caused by the Chat Frames use of UIFrameFlash (LibChatAnims).
Fix the buttons for DropDown Menu items being behind the background, making it impossible to click them (only happens to submenus and usually only for ones with a large number of menu items).(Fixed by 4.0.1) Fix for minimap ping not updating as you move making the ping appear to move locations as you move.(Fixed by 4.0.1) Block the exploit that allows AddOns from getting your Real Name from the Real ID system.(Hotfixed on July 10th, 2010. BNSendWhisper now shows character name when whispering yourself.) Fix the poiButton error when opening the the Map.(Fixed in 5.0.4, possibly earlier) Fix whisper menu options and chat links for cross-realm players in LFR and BGs.(Fixed in 5.0.4, possibly earlier) Fix the PlayerTalentFame is nil error with the GlyphUI.(Fixed in 5.2) Fix reagent buttons in the TradeSkillUI not providing links when shift-clicked.(Fixed in 5.3) Fix the DEATH popup showing when reloading the UI even if you aren't dead.(Fixed in 5.4)
Criteria for inclusion of a fix:
- Be identifiable as a bug as opposed to an intentional design. We will use the FrameXML source code to help determine this and the behavior of the UI to help determine Blizzard's intentions.
- Be transparent for users and not break any other UI element or addon (exception being malicious addons taking advantage of Blizzard UI bugs).
- Not require configuration options. If it's something some people might not want, it's not a candidate for inclusion.
The purpose of this criteria is to limit the fixes to things that everyone universally will want.
- Date created
- Jun 25, 2010
- Last update
- Nov 04, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files