What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Have many addons register the same event (CLEU for example)
2. Have some badly optimized add-ons in the lot and an average computer (35 fps)
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
All registered add-ons' methods should be able to execute without interruption. Unfortunately a random add-on might be interrupted and unduly blamed by a 'Script ran too long' Lua exception because other add-ons' methods registered to the same event will have consumed the 200ms imparted to the dispatcher execution...
This is the exact same issue as AceTimer-3.0 ticket #296 except it's rarer as events handler tend to be better optimized than timers (I've just received a debug report where Decursive's CLEU handler got interrupted probably after less than a millisecond of execution).
Even if this problem is rare it shouldn't be allowed to happen (see my comments in ticket #296).
|Archarodim||Jan 20, 2013 at 02:51 UTC||Create|
- Jan 20, 2013
- New - Issue has not had initial review yet.
- Defect - A shortcoming, fault, or imperfection
- Medium - Normal priority.