It would be nice for the default value of options to be displayed at the bottom of their tool-tips.
This additional line of text in tooltips would be displayed only if both situations below are met:
- There is a non-empty 'desc' field (we don't want to create a tool-tip just for that)
- The current value of the option is different from its default value. (useful display only)
Additionally something could be done in main panels to indicate that an option has been changed by the user. a little * next to its name maybe...
I think this would improve people's navigation inside option panels, especially when looking for something they know they have changed but can't remember exactly where or what...
- 2 comments
- Last updated
- Oct 12, 2014
- Jun 25, 2012
- Declined - We decided not to take action on this ticket.
- Enhancement - A change which is intended to better the project in some way
- Medium - Normal priority.